Honored Contributor

Re: PayPal and Stolen Package

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Why didn't you CALL PP?

Sometime it's not that easy to find a phone number for these companies.

Honored Contributor

Here is Paypal's customer service number:

1 (888) 221-1161

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have checked the PP website and cannot seem to find an answer so I'm asking here.  Does anyone know if by any chance PayPal offers some type of protection if a package is stolen?

I had a package delivered and it was stolen off our front porch.  The whole thing was picked up by our Ring camera and the authorities have the video.  I'm just wondering if PayPal offers any type of insurance for this. 

I know some credit cards do and Amazon does. Just wondering about PP.  TIA 

If you have a PayPal Account, you have a credit card on file with them.  If all else fails, contact the credit card company and let them reimburse you for the item. 

With a credit card purchase made through PayPal, I don't understand how PayPal would be considered responsible.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva- Sorry this happened to you.  We've had a couple of near misses because packages were left on the porch and UPS,FED-EX and a letter carrier refused to ring the doorbell.  We were home each time.

I hope it gets resolved in your favor.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have checked the PP website and cannot seem to find an answer so I'm asking here.  Does anyone know if by any chance PayPal offers some type of protection if a package is stolen?

I had a package delivered and it was stolen off our front porch.  The whole thing was picked up by our Ring camera and the authorities have the video.  I'm just wondering if PayPal offers any type of insurance for this. 

I know some credit cards do and Amazon does. Just wondering about PP.  TIA 

If you have a PayPal Account, you have a credit card on file with them.  If all else fails, contact the credit card company and let them reimburse you for the item. 

With a credit card purchase made through PayPal, I don't understand how PayPal would be considered responsible.   

@Georgiagrama , I'm not saying it's PP that is responsible.  To that point, it's not the credit card companies fault either so why should they take the hit?

The only one responsible is the one who stole the package. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Why didn't you CALL PP?

@Mz iMac , tried calling anywhere or e-mailing lately?  LOL

I did attempt to call them and got a recording that they are experiencing extended wait times on the phone and as a result, there are no reps to assist me.  That happened a number of times.

E-mailing yielded the same "we'll get to you when we get to you" results. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

If you don't use a credit card to pay for on-line purchases, you're foolish.  Your credit card protects you from having to pay for items that you don't receive for any reason.  The video from the Ring camera would be a slam dunk in the dispute with the credit card issuer..

@Cats3000 , fyi, the protection offered on my CC is in the event I never rec'd the package.  That means it wasn't ever delivered.  

My guess is that is the protection a lot of cards have and people are stretching the truth when they say they never rec'd the package.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

If you don't use a credit card to pay for on-line purchases, you're foolish.  Your credit card protects you from having to pay for items that you don't receive for any reason.  The video from the Ring camera would be a slam dunk in the dispute with the credit card issuer..

@Cats3000 , fyi, the protection offered on my CC is in the event I never rec'd the package.  That means it wasn't ever delivered.  

My guess is that is the protection a lot of cards have and people are stretching the truth when they say they never rec'd the package.

Well, I mean in reality you never received the package.   I think they probably know that encompasses packages stolen because stolen packages is not a new thing, it is just now they are being recorded.