Honored Contributor

Received email from Pay Pal for $3 credit off purchase from one of their vendors, anyone know for sure it is legit, thanks.

Honored Contributor

It's a scam so just delete it or send it to paypals spoof. $3 is not enough for me to even be interested in it anyway. I use Paypal all the time and have never gotten such an offer.

Honored Contributor

I'd say scam --  and for sure it's scam if your name is not on the page.

Sign into paypal (without using the link in the mail) and find out.

Never, never click on a link in an unsolicited email!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I just forwarded it to their Spoof dept.  Then i deleted it.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Received email from Pay Pal for $3 credit off purchase from one of their vendors, anyone know for sure it is legit, thanks.

I too use Paypal all the time, and I receive these offers periodically. The ones I have gotten appeared legit, but I have never been interested in whatever offer it was so have  never been interested in using them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I got that offer, too.  I'm not sure it was a scam but wasn't interested and deleted it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I receive those quite a bit. I don't think they are a scam. I would email or call Paypal & ask before I used one. 

Honored Contributor

i get a lot of offers, but they should show up,  under your SHOP tab when you are signed into paypal. i just checked mine and have about 20 or so different offers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think it's a way for Paypal to try and increase people's use of PP and let them know that more businesses than they were aware of use PP.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Those Paypal offers flood my email.  I have never clicked on them because they just have the look of fake.  Another fake I got the other day was an offer from Kohl's.  It was for 50% off of anything.  Even tho I knew it was not real, I took it in since I was going there and they confirmed it was a fake.  I got that one on FB, and unfortunately clicked on it.  Not too worried since I am barely a presence on FB.  Would never do that on email.