Valued Contributor

Re: Paula Deen on Evine Live now

[ Edited ]

@cody2 wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

The woman has a right to try to make a living. Either folks will buy her products, or not. We all have that choice. Still a free country.

That's true.

But when one can't make a living without salaciously sucking on sausages in front of a live audience or using disparaging slurs, that's a problem.

While that may be a problem for you and others, it doesn't change the fact that she has a right to make a living and folks will either buy...or not. Smiley Happy

Right. And I choose not to buy it (the product nor the act).

There are far too many other sources for quality sausages and dog treats than to be a customer of Deen's.

And none of them really require watching someone make a fool of themselves in order to get an audience's attention.

Well. a dog might be asked to do a silly flip in a meaty bone commercial. But they're only being told what to do so I forgive them. :0)

But I don't think that any other sausage brand would ever make a commercial or advertise where people are luridly sucking on their product. Maybe a Carl's Jr. BURGER...but not a sausage. A sausage has a whole other set of issues it presents as compared to a hamburger patty.

And they wouldn't not make such a sausage ad because it would be offensive - but because it would just be gross.

I can see it now:

MOM IN KITCHEN (suggestively sucking on the brand sausage). She then pulls it out of her mouth just enough as to call out to her family, "Come'n'get it!!!! Dinner's on, everybody! And boy, is it meaty and juicy tonight!"

It would be enough to make anyone lose their appetite. lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula Deen on Evine Live now

I was so surprised to see the new Paula...my gosh she is so tiny now.

I watched one of her shows...didn't bother me one bit what she said or did...i chose to watch her her.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."