Super Contributor

Re: Paul and Ringo on the Grammys

Thanks for the heads up! You made my day. I've been in love with the Beatles since 1964. It was Paul for me back then. More recently, George became my favorite. So much talent in his own right.

I'm not crazy about Paul's recent songs, but he's still Paul. A couple of years ago, I saw Ringo's All-Star Band on tv. Mark Hudson was in it. They were absolutely fantastic!

Regular Contributor

I'm here ennui1 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Paul still has it at 71-still selling out concerts! I'm hoping to make it to a couple more this year, and pushing my Paul concerts # to 20! (or more)

My choir is doing a spring concert of Lennon/McCartney songs-I told our director he could put my DVD of me meeting Paul on stage on a continuous loop to show on our screens....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Shorty - I am going to challenge you regarding being the biggest Beatle fan ever, but I guess there is room enough for two of us. I have read just about any book out there regarding the Beatles, both as a group and individual biographies. Have any of you read the book "Tune In" by Mark Lewisohn? This is just Volume 1 and it goes up to the time they made their first record and were becoming popular in England. There are going to be two more volumes but not sure when they are coming out.

Anyway, it's great reading for the real fans. It's about 800 pages and like I said, it's only up to the time they are making their first record. Excellent book for the real fans. I am almost finished reading this book and looking forward to the next volume (whenever that comes out).

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 naturalfan said:

Shorty - I am going to challenge you regarding being the biggest Beatle fan ever, but I guess there is room enough for two of us. I have read just about any book out there regarding the Beatles, both as a group and individual biographies. Have any of you read the book "Tune In" by Mark Lewisohn? This is just Volume 1 and it goes up to the time they made their first record and were becoming popular in England. There are going to be two more volumes but not sure when they are coming out.

Anyway, it's great reading for the real fans. It's about 800 pages and like I said, it's only up to the time they are making their first record. Excellent book for the real fans. I am almost finished reading this book and looking forward to the next volume (whenever that comes out).

Un-uh, pood thinks she is the biggest Beatle fan ever, but I am going to challenge all of you! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Okay, I have an 8-track recorder at home and I have been painstakingly re-creating Beatle songs for years. I play keyboard (which has drums and all other instruments on it), guitar, harmonica, and I sing and harmonize. I listen to each song intently and write out each instrumental part, my intention being to reproduce their songs as exactly as possible. And they don't sound half bad when I'm done, if I say so myself, lol.

But seriously, there's enough room for all of us! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

naturalfan, I haven't read "Tune In", but will definitely check it out on your rec. Have you read, "Here, There and Everywhere" by Geoff Emerick? He was the Beatles' recording engineer for many years and literally grew up with them as they were starting out. He relates the inside story of what went on inside the studio and also the Beatles' relationships. It is excellent!

Regular Contributor

I'm the biggest PAUL fan here-without a doubt.

We are BFF's now, dontcha know?????{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 pood said:

I'm here ennui1 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Paul still has it at 71-still selling out concerts! I'm hoping to make it to a couple more this year, and pushing my Paul concerts # to 20! (or more)

My choir is doing a spring concert of Lennon/McCartney songs-I told our director he could put my DVD of me meeting Paul on stage on a continuous loop to show on our screens....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}