Respected Contributor

Re: Paul Newman on Forever Stamp!

since his family seems to have loved him dearly, gossipy rags are just that - rags

no one would purchase them if all they did was tell nice things, so many times they just make crud up, hoping something will stick

I am not going to judge his personal life, because Paul Newman NEVER judged anyone else's lifestyle.   I have the feeling that some of the sour bitterness over him is that he was an activist. And he was a darn good one too.  Smart, witty and good looking.  Brains and beauty.  He is famous for being devoted to Joanne and regardless of any "gossip" about their marriage, they were together for 50 years until he died

I appreciated him more and more as he got older and I still cannot believe he is gone.  I am happy he has a stamp in his honor. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

I need to pick up large numbers of that stampSmiley Happy

Nice picture!

Honored Contributor

Reminder - should be available this week!

Honored Contributor

He is the"FOREVER" stamp on my letter of life!!!!!!!Cat WinkWoman WinkRobot winkMan Wink these are such LAME emoticons !!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  Better stock up then!

Trusted Contributor

I just ordered the stamp.  My confirmation says it goes on sale 9/18

Honored Contributor

I just ordered the Paul Newman stamp on line. It comes as a sheet of 20. My post office is terrible and I didn't want to take a chance I wouldn't get it. I'll use some and save some. The stamp comes out on September 18. I also ordered stamps of my favorite comic strip, Peanuts. It's Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and gang from the beloved Christmas special. It comes in a book of 20 stamps with 2 of 10 different images from the special. I have to watch the special every Christmas season. The stamps I believe come out October 1. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever watched a Paul Newman movie!!! Nothing against him! To me he's not gorgeous. He looks like he could be a dentist. A good looking dentist.

I've bought some of his products. My cat eats his organic cat food. Only organic one I can find!

As far as his *activism* I'm not really sure what that would be and there's really only one thing I'm dead against. Guess I'll have to google for kitty'sake!
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:
I don't think I've ever watched a Paul Newman movie!!! 

I recommend The Verdict.  It's a really good movie.

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous picture of him, so glad to see this 

Heart Heart Heart