Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paul Newman on Forever Stamp!

Melissa rivers, Paul Newman... who's next ?

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned, I've never heard anything negative about Paul Newman. All good things from the humanitarian gentleman that he was. He never made a dime on any of his food products. It all went to fund his "Hole in the Wall" children's charity.

I never listen to nonsense that gossip-mongers love to spew, just to cause trouble Woman Tongue

Love the guy!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Serial cheater

Really?  He made that famous comment about not cheating Joanne Woodward - something like "why should I go out for hamburger when I have steak at home?"  I didn't like the "women are meat" comparison but the thought behind it was OK....

Esteemed Contributor

Hi sunny,

Glad to hear about this. Don't use many stamps, but am happy to hear he is being recognized for his contributions to society in general, other than his films.

My best to you and yours,

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Hi John, nice to see you! I haven't been around for a while. I hope Cindy is doing well!

Yes Paul is being recognized for being a "mensch," which is Yiddish for a good soul. 

I'm so glad that he is being recognized. 

Have a great night Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Beautiful picture - I still use stamps so I will have to order some when they come out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Newman's Own Foundation

Using the power of philanthropy to transform lives

Newman’s Own Foundation is all about supporting people doing great things. Their stories inspire us. We hope they do the same for you. Learn more about how and why the Foundation uses all profits and royalties that it receives from the sale of Newman’s Own products for charitable purposes.

get inspired

"Let's Give It All Away"

An Interactive Timeline

"Let's Give It All Away"

This is truly a remarkable testimony to the generous dedication and character of this amazing Man!...Just click on any of the above to find out more about his amazing legacy!...These charities are in addition to his "Hole In The Wall Camps"!  Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Hey, a Joan Rivers stamp!  I'd buy sheets of them, frame them.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

What a lovely honor and a handsome picture of him, Joanne and family must be very proud.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

As I mentioned, I've never heard anything negative about Paul Newman. All good things from the humanitarian gentleman that he was. He never made a dime on any of his food products. It all went to fund his "Hole in the Wall" children's charity.

I never listen to nonsense that gossip-mongers love to spew, just to cause trouble Woman Tongue

Love the guy!

He was a gem and everything you mentioned.

The trouble with people like you and me are that we don't read the tabloid rags religiously and believe everything printed in them. LOL........

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow