Honored Contributor

Re: Paul Newman on Forever Stamp!

The only thing autobiographical as per Amazon is the book: Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good: The Madcap Business Adventure by the Truly Oddest Couple-- about his salad dressing company, and another book written by Paul titled: In Pursuit of the Common Good: Twenty Five Years of Improving the World, One Bottle of Salad Dressing at a Time

There is a biography written by Shawn Levy called Paul Newman, A Life.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'd like to see a Steve McQueen stamp, too!  Oh, and Audrey Hepburn.  Oh, and Peter Falk!  So many great actors.

I could be wrong but I don't think McQueen or Falk were known as great humanitarians and philanthropists like Newman but Audrey Hepburn was and ITA she would be a great choice!

Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

The only thing autobiographical as per Amazon is the book: Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good: The Madcap Business Adventure by the Truly Oddest Couple-- about his salad dressing company, and another book written by Paul titled: In Pursuit of the Common Good: Twenty Five Years of Improving the World, One Bottle of Salad Dressing at a Time

There is a biography written by Shawn Levy called Paul Newman, A Life.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH ......i cant seem to find an autobiography.......do you remember the title?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SydneyH ......i cant seem to find an autobiography.......do you remember the title?

I'll check my reading history at GoodReads, it was several years ago though.......

ETA ~ Apologies, it was actually a biography.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've ever read one negative thing about him. 

Gorgeously put together, excellent actor, kind, generous, sense of humor (Joanne said he made her laugh every single day), and so so so much more. 

They don't make them like Paul anymore.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I've always thought that Newman was a good guy. What did he do that has someone on his case ?
Trusted Contributor

So few young and rich actors these days do as much as he did for kids and others.   Some do, but not many these days.  

The Hole in the Wall camp in CT is still helping kids with terminal diseases to have fun for a week and just be a kid.   What a great man.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I don't think I've ever read one negative thing about him. 

Gorgeously put together, excellent actor, kind, generous, sense of humor (Joanne said he made her laugh every single day), and so so so much more. 

They don't make them like Paul anymore.

Well I don't mean to ruin the moment but some of the allegations were

Serial cheater

Semi Alcoholic

Non Present Father

That was just for starters, lol.............

Honored Contributor

I have met him.  He was fairly short...but oh those eyes.....