Trusted Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Deree

I read that he's having memory problems!!!!!!!!!! So Sad!!!! He's 1-1/2 younger than me.

That would indeed be sad if you read it from a verified source.  I only mentioned that he is losing his voice which happens to many people as they age including myself. The singing voice becomes thinner and we are less able to control it thus you will hear a lot more quivering which is not the same as a singer's vibrato.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Deree

I read that he's having memory problems!!!!!!!!!! So Sad!!!! He's 1-1/2 younger than me.

@kivah  I have not.  Do you remember where you read that (the source?)

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I spent my teenage years with the Beatles.  I haven’t cared for any of them solo since they broke up in the 60’s.

Me too. On both.   I saw McCartney years after the Wings broke up.   He was pretty bad then and the concert was so slowly paced and some songs went on soooooooooo long that I almost fell asleep.   Sadly, most has beens don't know they are has beens and it's time to stop.   

Honored Contributor

A Paul McCartney who has maybe lost a step is still better than some of today's singers. He gets a pass from me with his longevity and his well established career.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

I spent my teenage years with the Beatles.  I haven’t cared for any of them solo since they broke up in the 60’s.

Me too. On both.   I saw McCartney years after the Wings broke up.   He was pretty bad then and the concert was so slowly paced and some songs went on soooooooooo long that I almost fell asleep.   Sadly, most has beens don't know they are has beens and it's time to stop.   

@Bridgegal Has been?  McCartney's appearance on the late night James Corden show over the summer got so much viewership that CBS decided to add footage to the segment that it had edited out and expand Paul's segment to an entire hour show in primetime.  That's how popular this "has been" still is.  He has millions of fans worldwide, including new generations of fans.  His music has lasted for over half a century and his concerts still sell out.  

That's not exactly someone I'd consider a has been.  

Regular Contributor

The 2 LUCKY ladies Alvita and Dana, that were onstage with Paul, have been friends of mine for years.  Thye both have met Paul onstage before and both have his signature tattooed on their bods, Alvita on her shoulder and Dana on her arm   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal

Wow - Paul McCarntney's concert at Yankee Stadium in perhaps the most amazing live show I have ever seen

@Bridgegal wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

@Bridgegal Has been?  McCartney's appearance on the late night James Corden show over the summer got so much viewership that CBS decided to add footage to the segment that it had edited out and expand Paul's segment to an entire hour show in primetime.  That's how popular this "has been" still is.  He has millions of fans worldwide, including new generations of fans.  His music has lasted for over half a century and his concerts still sell out.  

That's not exactly someone I'd consider a has been.  

I agree with everything you said @Pearlee !! Love Paul ! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Great 60 Minutes interview!! If you get a chance, watch 'Overtime' segments too. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-mccartney-opens-up-about-abbey-road-the-beatles-breakup-yoko-ono-i...