Respected Contributor

Re: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

Yes, they were all friends. I have read about this and it is very interesting. Lucky her to have known both famous men. 

Honored Contributor

Re: oRe: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

@Sage04 wrote:

Someone mentioned that  Eric Clapton had a son with another woman while married to Patti. I remembered many years ago,

his son who was 4 years old fell out of a window of an apartment building in New York.  The song "Tears in Heaven" was in memory of his son.

Don't know if it's the same son. First time I heard that song, it made me cry and I have never listened to it again.

@Sage04 math has never been my strong suit but his son that was so tragically lost in that fall was born in the later 80's so I am thinking that he was not a son born by his relationship with Patti.  Again, you can hear his in this case grief and passion come through in both his song and lyrics.

Valued Contributor

@conlt wrote:

Yes, they were all friends. I have read about this and it is very interesting. Lucky her to have known both famous men. 

or abused by two geniuses

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

She looks terrific!  I read both her autobiography and recently the one on Clapton.

I remember seeing her  the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" when it was in theaters.  I think she much have been 16 and it's when George first met her.  For the record I was 9 and was in love with the Beatles!

Tee hee @haddon9 oh goodness those Beatles movies . . . I don't remember her in "A Hard Days Night" but it was probably because I already held a grudge at that point as George was always my favorite . . . Heart

@momtochloe, Patti and George on the set of "A Hard Day's Night"..... This particular shot was not an actual scene. She was only on the train at the beginning of the movie. Oh, how I love that movie -- it's genius! I still watch it and can recite a lot of the lines. 

Image result for a hard day's night pattie and george images

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

She looks terrific!  I read both her autobiography and recently the one on Clapton.

I remember seeing her  the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" when it was in theaters.  I think she much have been 16 and it's when George first met her.  For the record I was 9 and was in love with the Beatles!

Tee hee @haddon9 oh goodness those Beatles movies . . . I don't remember her in "A Hard Days Night" but it was probably because I already held a grudge at that point as George was always my favorite . . . Heart

@momtochloe, Patti and George on the set of "A Hard Day's Night"..... This particular shot was not an actual scene. She was only on the train at the beginning of the movie. Oh, how I love that movie -- it's genius! I still watch it and can recite a lot of the lines. 

Image result for a hard day's night pattie and george images

Sigh . . . ok @SaRina the only thing that makes me feel better seeing how George looks at Patti were those God awful socks she was wearing . . . yep I said it and maybe I am a tad sorry that I did to be honest not 100% as she was totally rocking the tie . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SaRina where do you find the old Bealtes movies?  Are they subscription based?

Trusted Contributor

Re: oRe: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

@Sage04Eric and Patti split up when a) she couldn't have children, and b) he cheated on her. The son who fell from the window might have been his child with actress and Italian television personality Lory Del Santo.

He is now married for a much younger woman from Ohio and has several children with her.

Honored Contributor

There are some pretty good pics of her on Pinterest. She's with different people in them and many are of her alone. I saw one of her sister and she looked a lot like her.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe, I have both VHS and DVD of it. They still sell them. Check on Amazon. Even places like Walmart might still sell it. I also noticed a few minutes ago that they have a few of the scenes on YouTube.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe, I have both VHS and DVD of it. They still sell them. Check on Amazon. Even places like Walmart might still sell it. I also noticed a few minutes ago that they have a few of the scenes on YouTube.

@SaRina I am so surprised that these movies are not available (and please know I looked) for others to enjoy as I still remember being stuffed into the DuPage theatre to watch "A Hard Days Night" which was lost on me as I was probably a tad too young and everyone (ok it was just girls) were screaming so loud the "concert" was kind of lost in the moment so to speak . . . . I can still remember being there tee hee!