Trusted Contributor

Re: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

I will have to read Clapton's book and get his version of their relationship.

I ready Patti Boyd Harrison's book a few years ago.  What an interesting life she has had!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our PBS station in NY shows Hard Day's Night every once in a while.  I always have to watch it.  What a personality John had in the movie.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SaRina where do you find the old Bealtes movies?  Are they subscription based?

@momtochloe, I have both VHS and DVD of it. They still sell them. Check on Amazon. Even places like Walmart might still sell it. I also noticed a few minutes ago that they have a few of the scenes on YouTube.

@SaRina I am so surprised that these movies are not available (and please know I looked) for others to enjoy as I still remember being stuffed into the DuPage theatre to watch "A Hard Days Night" which was lost on me as I was probably a tad too young and everyone (ok it was just girls) were screaming so loud the "concert" was kind of lost in the moment so to speak . . . . I can still remember being there tee hee!

@momtochloe, I checked and Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Target, Barnes and Noble all carry it. 

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005  Funny you should mention A Hard Day's Night because I just read in today's paper that the album was released on this date in 1964.

Love the film, which has one of my favorite movie lines ever (it's in the trailer). However, the very best part of the film is - that wonderful music.  Oh, those songs are beautiful. Some of my favorite Beatles songs are on that album!

Trailer - one of my favorite lines ever in the movies is the reporter asking John "How did you find America?" and John responding, "Turn left at Greenland."   

And Sir Paul - oh, so cute!

And of course, that iconic first chord of the film's title song...... 

I'll never forget seeing it at the movies when it first came out.  And a few years ago I went to see it at the theater again - the remastered version (probably in 2014 - 50th anniv.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWbiVqlSMgc

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@SaRina where do you find the old Bealtes movies?  Are they subscription based?

@momtochloe, I have both VHS and DVD of it. They still sell them. Check on Amazon. Even places like Walmart might still sell it. I also noticed a few minutes ago that they have a few of the scenes on YouTube.

@SaRina I am so surprised that these movies are not available (and please know I looked) for others to enjoy as I still remember being stuffed into the DuPage theatre to watch "A Hard Days Night" which was lost on me as I was probably a tad too young and everyone (ok it was just girls) were screaming so loud the "concert" was kind of lost in the moment so to speak . . . . I can still remember being there tee hee!

@momtochloe, I checked and Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Target, Barnes and Noble all carry it. 

@SaRina well I was going to say something pithy like you didn't check the dollar store closest to me but needless to say just color me more than embarassed.  I did truly check but I guess I didn't have the correct search terms but i do thank you for helping me and again I am really embarassed I mised ths by that much . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

She looks terrific!  I read both her autobiography and recently the one on Clapton.

I remember seeing her  the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" when it was in theaters.  I think she much have been 16 and it's when George first met her.  For the record I was 9 and was in love with the Beatles!

Tee hee @haddon9 oh goodness those Beatles movies . . . I don't remember her in "A Hard Days Night" but it was probably because I already held a grudge at that point as George was always my favorite . . . Heart

@momtochloe Paul was my favorite and Jane Asher was in the movie with Patty as schoolgirls.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pattie+boyd+and+jane+asher+in+Hard+days+night&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=...

Honored Contributor

I think the Boyd girls were cute, but nothing special. I would never give up GH for EC.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, just google "A Hard Day's Night DVD" and several outlets will come up. No need to be embarassed! Smiley Happy

@haddon9, to my knowledge, Jane Asher was not in the cast of "A Hard Day's Night". Where did you hear this? She may have met Patti on the set, but I don't think she was in the movie. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@momtochloe, just google "A Hard Day's Night DVD" and several outlets will come up. No need to be embarassed! Smiley Happy

@haddon9, to my knowledge, Jane Asher was not in the cast of "A Hard Day's Night". Where did you hear this? She may have met Patti on the set, but I don't think she was in the movie. 

@SaRina I thought that she was but I culd be wrong.  I do know that she was on the set and for some reason I thought that I remembered seeing her in that schoolgirl outfit that Patty wore.

Respected Contributor

Wasn't Eric Clapton pretty deep into heroin when he was married to Patti Boyd?  I think her sister Jenny was married to Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac for a time.