Honored Contributor

Re: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

@cancun08 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness am I wrong but isn't Patti the inspiration for the Eric Clapton song "Layla"? . . . between that song and the Sting's "Every Breath You Take" those are quite lucky women as it must be overwhelming that such talented men were that mesermized by you! . . . Heart

@momtochloe

Yes, she was the inspiration for that song.  I must say that "Layla" still looks gorgeous! Woman Happy

Oh thanks so much @cancun08 as I absolutely love both of those songs so much but for me there is just no mistaking the almost gutwrenching love that comes through in those songs which I personally have never experienced but am quite happy with my MP3 purchases via Amazon . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Never heard of her, it was before my time but she looks like her younger self.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

@cancun08

I remember hearing on a Satellite radio station a story about that.  Supposedly, Clapton was with the Other Boyd sister (there were two that ran with the rock n roll crowd), and when she found out that Clapton wrote the song about her sister, she left him.

Respected Contributor

She is also a very talented photographer. Check her site......http://www.pattieboyd.co.uk/

Valued Contributor

My favorite song she inspired is Wonderful Tonight...........she also inspired Harrison's Something.......

Clapton is a genius but a dog...........He had a child with another woman while married to Pattti....she had no idea ...she does seem a little clueless in her autobio about certain thing...like Georges affair with Ringos wife...

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@momtochloe

@cancun08

I remember hearing on a Satellite radio station a story about that.  Supposedly, Clapton was with the Other Boyd sister (there were two that ran with the rock n roll crowd), and when she found out that Clapton wrote the song about her sister, she left him.

Holy cheese and crackers, if I am understanding you correctly @Deanie the song Layla was written for Patti's sister . . . yowsers that is a pain that's gonna linger . . . yikes!

Ok wait a minute, I re-read this and I guess this could also go the other way in terms of interpretations . . . was Layla written for Patti or her sister?

Either way, I bet it was fun around the holidays for the family . . . eeek.

Honored Contributor

She looks terrific!  I read both her autobiography and recently the one on Clapton.

I remember seeing her  the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" when it was in theaters.  I think she much have been 16 and it's when George first met her.  For the record I was 9 and was in love with the Beatles!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Never heard of her, it was before my time but she looks like her younger self.

@chrystaltree, Patti met the Beatles in 1964 when she was cast as a school girl in the movie "A Hard Day's Night". George was smitten with her and proposed to her 10 days later. She was 20.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

She looks terrific!  I read both her autobiography and recently the one on Clapton.

I remember seeing her  the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" when it was in theaters.  I think she much have been 16 and it's when George first met her.  For the record I was 9 and was in love with the Beatles!

Tee hee @haddon9 oh goodness those Beatles movies . . . I don't remember her in "A Hard Days Night" but it was probably because I already held a grudge at that point as George was always my favorite . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

oRe: Patti Boyd Harrison Clapton

[ Edited ]

Someone mentioned that  Eric Clapton had a son with another woman while married to Patti. I remembered many years ago,

his son who was 4 years old fell out of a window of an apartment building in New York.  The song "Tears in Heaven" was in memory of his son.

Don't know if it's the same son. First time I heard that song, it made me cry and I have never listened to it again.