Honored Contributor

Re: Patricia Krenwinkel Denied Parole Again

@Pearlee I agree with everything you said and I hope they suffer with every breath and every second of their time on Earth......and mostly I hope they live in fear of the approaching time that they will be called into h@ll.When I think of evil they define it and still after all of these years have chills remembering those murders.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's still breathing, eating, watching tv.  She has a life which the victims certainly do not have.  Let her live out her days in prison where she belongs.  I'm sick of every woman who commits any crime from shop lifting to murder playing the abuse game.  It's an insult to women who really have suffered abuse and it does not justify anything.  The days of playing that game are over.  

Honored Contributor

Back when Helter Skelter was happening I was a young girl and the entire thing just scared me to death.  Not just that people and an unborn child were murdered but that there were people in this world who were filled with such evil.  I had never seen something prior that was just evil for the sake of being evil.  It was like my first wake-up call that this world was not like my childhood street.

Sharon's sister keeps a website of her life and it is fascinating to scroll through her short lived career.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

What I find interesting is that as horrible as prison is supposed to be, as told by the inmates, why do they all seem to live to a ripe old age??

Alabama just executed a murderer who was 75 years old!

I should be so lucky to make it to 75 here on the outside.

That Krenwinkle chick was originally sentenced to death, wasn't she?

So she's been on borrowed time all this time.

Life is life, just do it.   It could be worse.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

What I find interesting is that as horrible as prison is supposed to be, as told by the inmates, why do they all seem to live to a ripe old age??

Alabama just executed a murderer who was 75 years old!

I should be so lucky to make it to 75 here on the outside.

That Krenwinkle chick was originally sentenced to death, wasn't she?

So she's been on borrowed time all this time.

Life is life, just do it.   It could be worse.

Good genes.

I don't think prison has much to do with longevity, unless someone gets killed in prison like Jeffrey Dahmer.  I'm surprised nobody has ever offed Manson, just for the fifteen minutes of fame.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   Thanks Pearley, I couldn't have said it any better!  1969 was quite a summer, I was pregnant with my first child, born in October.  That summer, we had a man walk on the moon, Manson family string of murders and saw "Rosemary's Baby" (Roman Polanski was director of this film)......  Being quite pregnant, I'll never forget this film due to content and considering Polanski's wife & baby murdered by Manson family....

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove  That was a pretty significant year for you.  

I'll never forget watching the news on TV and seeing the body bags being carried out of Tate's home.  As more and more details of the crimes came out, the more horrifying the story got.

Thank goodness Vince Bugliosi was the prosecutor, who was able to get Manson - who didn't physically commit either the Tate murders nor the LaBianca murders - convicted even though he was "only" the mastermind.  That was skillful prosecuting.  As was selling the Helter Skelter theory to the jury since it was pretty wild.

I can only imagine how he felt when those death penalties were commuted.  Too bad they weren't reinstated when the death penalty came back.

Respected Contributor

What is wrong with our court system that parole would be a consideration?   She was involved in two different murder locations, not just at Tate's house!

(From the Internet):

Krenwinkel had stabbed Abigail Folger (of the coffee empire) countless times. The next night, Krenwinkel participated in another murder, this time stabbing Rosemary LaBianca to death and leaving a carving fork stuck in her husband's lifeless body. 

Honored Contributor

I lived right in the middle of this in LA when it occurred. People were seriously freaked, even after their capture - not to be that freaked again until the Night Stalker attacks and murders began. A few years later, living alone and reading Bugliosi's Helter Skelter, I actually opened all the cupboard doors in my apt and looked inside one night, to feel safe 😜

I worked with a cousin of Patricia Krenwinkle's. He said his immediate family hadn't been that close to her, and that she'd been a hippie wild child seeker-type who "disappeared" for a while. And suddenly, the family understood where she'd been. The poor man - it's not like there were a lot of Krenwinkels around. It was the first thing anyone asked him.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Good. She should stay in prison for the rest of her life.

On a previous thread about a Manson follower up for parole I saw several posters who thought she served her time and should be paroled. Now I don't always think every murderer should spend life in prison. There are occasions when someone murders and it is not planned or whatever the circumstances may be that I wouldn't necessarily object to them being paroled after spending 20 or more yrs in jail. 

This one I object to and I object to any of these people being let out. Several people on the previous thread said well she wouldn't hurt anyone now. I do know that this is one reaspn that would be in consideration to a parole board, if the person was likely to reoffend. I don't think that comes into play with this group. It doesn't matter if they would be likely to reoffend. They planned these murders and carried them out with such viciousness that I don't believe they should be ever let out except in a pine box. Despite them being likely to not reoffend, they planned and carried these murders out and should pay for that. They should pay for the rest of their lives. I was actually surprised to hear from people on the previous thread express that the one up for parole should be let out because she is costing taxpayers. She will cost taxpayers whether she is in or out. These people may not be likely to reoffend but they are in jail to pay for their crimes. They are in jail because they planned these crimes and viciously attacked and murdered people while they begged for their lives and in one case the life of their unborn child. Sharon Tate did plead for the life of her child and they laughed at her while attacking her. I hope these people never ever get out. They do not deserve that at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK