Honored Contributor

Re: Pat and Jayne and Martinis?

I can't believe I missed it and forgot to set the DVR! I ALWAYS enjoy them together - their friendship makes the show more interesting to me, and more fun! After "discovering QVC," I used to watch them early every Friday morning while I got ready to leave - and run downstairs half dressed if I wanted to order! I always enjoyed that, and I missed it when they changed hosts. I'm glad to see they have a new show, and I'll set the DVR now for next week!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MaeE wrote:

Disgusting..why did they have to drink on air? For some of us, that is a slap in the face. I don't drink, don't tolerate it and don't need to see it on TV..some of us will turn them off and not shop with them. Alcoholic drinks have ruined so many lives, marriaged, health and more..do it in your own home.

@MaeE.   Well, I see we're still at it. Anyway, I guess you don't go to restaurants. Better turn off the tv as I see drinking all the time. We can't always have the world as,we want it.

Honored Contributor

Guaranteed across the country some who are watching are drinking whatever they like.  In case anyone cares, there's a glass of ice water with a lemon slice next to my keyboard.   And it's not classy to tell me that I'm stupid to have liquid there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

(internet issues...)

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Drinking hard alcohol Early in the day just seems like a poor choice to make....it is not classy or wise. Stupid really.

Doesn't matter if it was "real" booze or the appearance of booze; it's not a good idea.

Why not share coffee.

Many impressionable minds may be watching.

And for those who felt compelled to loudly proclaim they are setting up for cocktail hour, no I don't care....if you drink at home it's your business and immaterial to the topic at hand......so drink up.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Drinking hard alcohol Early in the day just seems like a poor choice to make....it is not classy or wise. Stupid really.

Doesn't matter if it was "real" booze or the appearance of booze; it's not a good idea.

Why not share coffee.

Many impressionable minds may be watching.

And for those who felt compelled to loudly proclaim they are setting up for cocktail hour, no I don't care....if you drink at home it's your business and immaterial to the topic at hand......so drink up.

I repeat Good grief!

Esteemed Contributor

There are people who don't drink coffee.
Honored Contributor

Why do they need to drink anything? Is that supposed to pull in more viewers? I couldn't watch them when thy were together in the morning...it was just a cacklefest....both of them are fine on their own, but too silly together. I can't imagine what would happen if they ever did have the hard stuff while hosting together...train wreck!
Esteemed Contributor

Promoting/featuring alcohol on a program is dangerous. I've never seen Kathie Lee and Hoda but if they have drinking on their show, they should stop.

I've also noticed all the "real housewives" programs prominently feature alcohol. Not good...

" Female alcohol use disorder in the United States more than doubled from 2002 to 2013, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism."

- webmd.com

Honored Contributor

Like kids are going to turn into alcoholics because they saw 2 shopping channel hosts drinking fake cocktails.

That's one of the dumber things I've read on this board.