Honored Contributor

Re: Pat and Jayne and Martinis?

Who knew Carrie Nation is still alive and well?!? (Google if you don't recognize the name)

And for the record, I don't drink. But I've never met anyone who qualifies for membership in the Temperance Movement except here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Maybe kids shouldn’t watch qvc so they don’t grow up to be shopaholics. 

ZING!!!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I can’t wait until MJ is legalized in PA so they can pretend to smoke a bowl 

ZING SQUARED!!!

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the 'show' but I doubt that was alcohol in the drinks.

I do know that when Jan mixed drinks on Sunday on David's show he even said, (paraphrasing), "I'm just going to take a tiny sip because otherwise I'd have to take an Uber home".

Now that was when Jan (I think it's his name) was mixing with the VitaMix thingy.

I seriously doubt QVC would allow them to sit on the air and guzzle any kind of alcoholic drink.  

What's that saying, "Loose lips sink ships".  Hummm??? Put alcohol in anyone and they're going to loosen up.  That's not something a QVC host needs to be doing....Ha!  

Otherwise the couldn't SELL!  SELL!  SELL!

Respected Contributor

Love Perry Mason , and I love a good cocktail! I don’t care who pairs with who on QVC....

Not really a primary concern in my life...Can’t even remember the last time I saw Jayne OR Pat...

I pretty much work all the time....Wish I had time to stop and smell the roses..or martinis ...like so many here..I envy you....I have buy off TV or Amazon cause I literally have not got time to shop in  person... 

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Like kids are going to turn into alcoholics because they saw 2 shopping channel hosts drinking fake cocktails.

That's one of the dumber things I've read on this board.

ITA. 

I think we've officially jumped the shark on "I'm so offended" threads.

Outraged that children might be doing their usual binge watching of QVC and see faux cocktails.  Oh the agony!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. 😁

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Nasty and rude responses.

It's okay; I knew I'd get slammed...the truth hurts, evidently. Call me Carrie Nation or whatever you like - my father was killed when I was ten years old by a drunk driver so yes I do have an opinion about alcohol and its presentation in our culture.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Like kids are going to turn into alcoholics because they saw 2 shopping channel hosts drinking fake cocktails.

That's one of the dumber things I've read on this board.

ITA. 

I think we've officially jumped the shark on "I'm so offended" threads.

Outraged that children might be doing their usual binge watching of QVC and see faux cocktails.  Oh the agony!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. 😁

@Ms tyrion2, I can't even imagine bringing up a child with no exposure to alcohol, and I mean the real thing. Surely even if it's a teetotaler house, there are events where the little innocents might see a person drinking some type of alcoholic beverage.

Instead of worrying about the influence of a shopping channel that they shouldn't even be watching, I'd suggest teaching them about moderation and responsibility instead of scare tactics and demonizing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Nasty and rude responses.

It's okay; I knew I'd get slammed...the truth hurts, evidently. Call me Carrie Nation or whatever you like - my father was killed when I was ten years old by a drunk driver so yes I do have an opinion about alcohol and its presentation in our culture.

I'm very sorry for your loss, @YorkieonmyPillow. Hopefully you understand that no one here condones drinking and driving. I have not suffered such a loss but have been affected by alcoholism in my family.

Honored Contributor

I don't drink at all. I have had a few drinks when I was younger. I never liked the taste ,so I stopped drinking, same with cigarettes.

Now I am diabetic, I would not  drink, even if I liked it

My husband has a glass of wine ,or a beer on occasion. My son and daughter are both light drinkers

I think having a puritanical attitude about alcohol, isn't a good way to raise a child.  We probably have a bottle of something in the cupboard, that has been there for donkeys years.

In many parts of the world ,it is a part of the meal. Many people drink ,and never become alcoholics. Moderation in all things. 

My best friends parents were teetotallers ,and very fanatical ones at that. My friend has had problems with alcohol, all of her adult life. So, it wasn't learned in the home. If her parents had been imbibers, she would probably still be the way she is. Addiction is a strange illness