Esteemed Contributor

BBRe: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

[ Edited ]

We have the Corelle meal bowls in white ( use them a lot)  but my personal favorites are my Polish Pottery rice bowls that probably hold 8-10 oz.  I put Chinese, Italian or cereal or ice cream in them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

I've had those big pasta bowls with 2 sets of dishes. I never used them and packed them up and donated them to a charity.

I do like the Fiesta jumbo coffee cups for soup, cereal, etc. You don't have to fill it up but it's a handy mug for many things.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I have the Verge Low Bowls from Crate and Barrel.  I use them for almost everything - pasta, salad, most of our dinners, etc.  

Verge Low Bowls, Set of 8 (Open Larger View)

-------

Those look very versatile.  If you don't mind me asking, what's the diameter and are they on the heavy or lighter side.  

@CoffeeNut 

They're 9.25  inches in diameter.  They're not too heavy at all.  They're not flimsy either.  They also fit in the dishwasher easily.  

Regular Contributor

I have four of these! I use them for salad + I use them for a dinner plate ofter as I live alone and eat in front of tv. I find this is much tidier way to eat for me!

Respected Contributor

@chessielady wrote:

I have bowl plates from Fiestaware. I have the dinner size and the luncheon size. We really love them. They come n all of the Fiesta colors ....check them out !

@chessielady   I love the Fiesta Luncheon bowl plates too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was reading all the interesting comments.

I too, use my pasta/meal bowls all the time - more than my plates.

I just ran into this item, it's called a "Bowl Hugger".

It "surrounds" your bowl & makes it easier to remove from the microwave &/or hold while moving/eating.

I haven't checked prices or sizes yet.

Looks like it would work way better than my potholders.

Anyone have these?

579330ac-d28f-4f64-b8f6-5552acf88723.edfe32bb948f1cc7f7faafbf649f5af7.jpeg

9e4c1959-ccb1-4433-8e1e-d1bb9dac8a39.65c6e1fa19c88d400c6698e89cdb8557.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Denby (UK brand) also makes great pasta bowls and other pottery.

Honored Contributor

I went to Target and Home Goods today ( Home Goods had nothing). Target had plain white bowls that didn't seem that big, being that I live alone four are plenty for me. The bowls were $4 each so it would have cost $16, but I thought do I buy it because it's cheap or buy something nicer, I bought something nicer!

Honored Contributor

I have pasta bowls with matching plates and matching regular soup/cereal bowls. The pasta bowls and regular bowls can go on top of the plates or to one side depending on what I'm serving. It all works very well together and looks quite nice in my opinion.

Pasta bowls are great for anything that doesn't need a soup bowl but could still be messy and fall off the edge of a plate, like rice or an item with lots of sauce on it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two Polish Stoneware pasta dishes from QVC, years ago, and like earlier posters, I find that they are often used in preference to flat dinner plates. 

The stoneware can be heated in my oven up to 400 or so degrees for 45 minutes and more, and they are good for reheating too.  That stuff is incredible!  I cooked a tiny meatloaf in one of the pasta dishes last week.

Over the years, I have tired a bit of the intricate patterns, but I probably use my Polish Stoneware more than any of my other dishes.  I've never had one break in the oven.  They are amazing.

My little rescue cat May eats off my Limoges small plates (from TJ Maxx) in the meantime.