Respected Contributor

Re: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

I love my set of pasta bowls that I purchased at Pier I several years ago. Problem is, I've just about given up pasta (you know, the low carb thing), so I'm glad I can use them for salad, too. But they were so perfect for pasta. Just the right size and depth. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So the bowl in the Corelle set holds 18 ounces, the separate pasta bowl purchase from Corelle holds 20 ounces. A two ounce difference isn't much, I rather buy a set from another brand that holds 22-30 ounces. 

@Jordan2 With these kinds of bowls it's more about the size of it than the ounces, so the diameter will give you a better indication of size.  You want probably a 9" or so. 

Esteemed Contributor

Got these from Amazon for 35.51 for six bowls.  They hold 30oz.

Y YHY Pasta Bowls 30oz, Large Salad Serving Bowls, White Soup Bowls, Porcelain Pasta Bowls Set of 6, Microwave Dishwasher Saf

Trusted Contributor

I have 2 sets of 4. Both are made in Italy. I also use them for salad.

Honored Contributor

I love pasta bowls and I have several sets in different patterns. We really prefer them to plates for most things and hardly ever use plates anymore.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm going to buy a set on Amazon, I just have to decide which one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been using them for just about everything the last few years - they've replaced the dinner plate and more.  When something slips to the sides, it doesn't fall off or out.  Really great for a big salad, with or without a protein on top.

Another bonus: the interior circumference is about 9", not the 10-11" of most dinner plates.  So they're healthier to use since you eat less.

Pasta bowls, "dinner bowls", and "meal bowls" all work well; just double-check the photos and measurements.  Ones with more depth work for everything.

Respected Contributor

Have used pasta bowls and the larger pasta serving bowl for decades. Always a nice presentation.  Ours are a decorative pattern set of 8  bowls, the large server and a flat (garlic) bread plate.  Occasionally we will use them as salad bowls.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a set of 4 large Corelle meal bowls last year...liked them so much I ordered a set of four smaller ones. I don't use the smaller ones as much because they are much more shallow, like a plate.  I use one of the sizes every day. I also use the Corelle platters instead of round plates most of the time. They are great for "cold plates" we have been having for lunch horrible heatwave.

Respected Contributor

The bowls OP is asking about are called Meal Bowls. They are not shaped like pasta bowls and the bottom is wide. I don't think they would work for chili or soup, but I have used for stir fry.