Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

Recently, I bought some  individual pasta bowls  at Home Goods . I have some  Dansk pasta  bowls  that I bought yrs ago, however my pattern was discontinued . The one I bought from Home goods are a little less deep but great for  food with some sauce .

Honored Contributor

I love those Corelle pasta bowls. I use them for almost everything I eat.

Honored Contributor

I have a set of Correll with pasta bowls and I wouldn't want to eat anything but pasta or a hearty soup out of them.  Mine aren't that shallow.  It would be clumsy to say, cut a piece if meat in one of them and there wouldn't be much room since the sides of the bowl and rim are unusable.  It would look silly to serve cereal in them.  It would get lost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We have hardly used plates for several years now.  We use flat soup bowls, coup soup bowls, pasta bowls, and jumbo cups (spode mostly) and only use plates for a few meals.

We eat a lot of rice-based Middle Eastern dishes, stir frys,  pasta based meals, main-dish salads, things like barbecue meat with slaw on the side and things that lend themselves to being served in a bowl rather than chased around a plate.

We have Butterfly Meadow bowls in probably most if not all they make--two or four of each.  They make some great flat and pasta bowls.  Protein meals like fish, pountry and a salad and or a veggie or two are perfect for those flat bowls!

Esteemed Contributor

We use our pasta bowls for salads and pasta dishes, included casseroles. Hubby uses one for a piece of warm cake or pie with ice cream. I'm not talking sit-down dinners....just everyday meals! We use them a lot....

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

I have pasta bowls and really like them.  Use for pasta or a large dinner salad.  I have cereal/ice cream bowls, soup bowls, dinner and luncheon plates.  I use them all and it's just me.  

Regular Contributor

I purchased some bowls from another store (not sure if we can use the names of other stores or not) and they are called low bowls.  We love them.  Been using them for years now.  We rarely use plates any longer.  I think you will love using this type of bowl rather than a plate.

Honored Contributor

So the bowl in the Corelle set holds 18 ounces, the separate pasta bowl purchase from Corelle holds 20 ounces. A two ounce difference isn't much, I rather buy a set from another brand that holds 22-30 ounces. 

Super Contributor

I have bowl plates from Fiestaware. I have the dinner size and the luncheon size. We really love them. They come n all of the Fiesta colors ....check them out !

Honored Contributor

I have the Verge Low Bowls from Crate and Barrel.  I use them for almost everything - pasta, salad, most of our dinners, etc.  

Verge Low Bowls, Set of 8 (Open Larger View)