Valued Contributor

Re: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

@Malcontent . My hometown is in Bibione, Veneto. Actually only the Tagliamento river divides  us from Friuli. 

Are you going there to visit your family? Where are you from in Friuli?

Trusted Contributor

@Bibione 

I was born in Attimis. When I was little I would swim at Grado beach and then we would come to your town.

I inherited lots of property and I am in the final stages of selling it all but my grandmother’s home in Attimis. That will stay in the family for my children and grandchildren to enjoy. Anyway, I must go to Italia to finish off business and say goodbye to my home country.

I’m old now and this will be the last time I see Italia.

Honored Contributor

I just had dinner using my pasta bowl. I had pasta with sauteed vegetables and shrimp. It was delish and the bowl held it all!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Holy cannoli I cannot imagine eating pasta in a 30oz bowl.  Our pasta servings were always small sides. 

You might want to consider how you will use these bowls-I think they are a tad large.

As far as using them as dinner plates, I know some folks do that but I prefer a plate.

I would recommend buying individual plates/bowls to meet your needs.

A full set of only one size bowl might not be what you want. 

I know Wal-Mart sells Corelle in the Winter White individual plates/bowls/cups so you might check it out.

That is what we did years ago since it suited the two of us instead of sets.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 I love pasta, I only eat it once a week. I am a WW Lifetime member at goal for over 20 years. I eat whole wheat pasta which is a zero point food for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Cakers3 I love pasta, I only eat it once a week. I am a WW Lifetime member at goal for over 20 years. I eat whole wheat pasta which is a zero point food for me. 

@Jordan2   @Cakers3 

I feel that sometimes there's nothing better than eating a bowl of noodles ..... twisting the strands on a fork and spoon .... but there sure can be a lot of carbs there!  

So every once in a while I spiralize a few zucchini and make a bowl of "zoodles".   Based on standard calorie counts and what I consumed, my last large pasta bowl of zoodles had less than 90 calories ... and was all fresh vegetable. 

A very healthy way to "cheat". 

Honored Contributor

I don't have any myself but my DD got a set as a wedding gift.  They are really beautiful handmade ceramic bowls with an interesting shape.

Honored Contributor

I'm not talking about just eating pasta but almost everything except something big and flat such as a t-bone steak out of flat bowls about 9" in diameter.

Roast chicken, rice and green beans; grain based meal of salad, grain and tuna; fish, baked stuffed tomatoes and side salad; stew over biscuits; cake and ice cream; burger patty with corn and beets; salad with tuna salad; salmon patties with asparagus and corn; roast beef and veggies; and on and on.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   @Cakers3 

I feel that sometimes there's nothing better than eating a bowl of noodles ..... twisting the strands on a fork and spoon .... but there sure can be a lot of carbs there!  

So every once in a while I spiralize a few zucchini and make a bowl of "zoodles".   Based on standard calorie counts and what I consumed, my last large pasta bowl of zoodles had less than 90 calories ... and was all fresh vegetable. 

@Tinkrbl44   We did not eat pasta/spaghetti that way.  It was always a side dish with the main meal or the first course in dinner before the (secondi) main course.

I think some of you are misunderstanding my post.

I know people eat pasta in large quantities.  It wasn't (and still isnt') tradition for us.

Capisce?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   @Cakers3 

@Tinkrbl44   We did not eat pasta/spaghetti that way.  It was always a side dish with the main meal or the first course in dinner before the (secondi) main course.

I think some of you are misunderstanding my post.

I know people eat pasta in large quantities.  It wasn't (and still isnt') tradition for us.

Capisce?

@Cakers3 

Huh?   I don't think I misunderstood you, and never even implied what ever way you like to eat your pasta, and what I thought of it.     

What I posted above is what I like to do.   Capisce?