Trusted Contributor

Re: Pasta Bowls/Dinner Bowls

@Sooner 

Okay, you got your slam on me an Italian in. Are you done?

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

Okay, I’ll settle this so no more fighting here.

For we Italians, pasta is not a main dish. For non-Italians, go ahead and make it a main dish.

The End.

@Malcontent   @Cakers3 

Okay, just to be clear ....  I was pretty sure this thread was about pasta and bowl preferences.  I had no idea someone's nationality really had anything to do with which bowls anyone preferred.   

I stand corrected.

I learn something new every day here .....    lol  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Sooner 

Okay, you got your slam on me an Italian in. Are you done?

@Malcontent No slam.  Just pointing out that when a discussion of food comes up, people say they are "Italian." I see that a lot. Nothing to be ashamed of at least in my view.  But it does seem to very much be interwoven with food in a way I don't see so often in others.Is that a bad thing?

Also, a lot of foods we associate with Italian food are new  world--which to me is interesting...Sorry I did not mean to be offensive. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner 

I’m not ashamed that I am an Italian citizen. We Italians are interwoven with our food. Is that wrong?

As I said before: Many so called Italian foods in the U.S. actually do not exist in Italia. Some in the U.S. were created by Italian immigrants here, but I was specifically talking about existing IN Italia.

Contributor

i have the 30 oz corelle and love them.  actually just ordered more from kohls - on sale and my 30% off.  i also have the shallow bowl plates that i love too.  cant go wrong with corelle - light, durable and stack easy.

Contributor

i dont personally think they can take the place of a plate but love the 30oz bowls. great for salad, pasta, soup