Esteemed Contributor
DH and I received our passport renewals today; 2 weeks after we sent them in. Still awaiting our old passports and passport cards. I am thinking we should receive them later this week.
Honored Contributor

Yes.....you will get it shortly.    It will be punched with holes.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Mine took 5 weeks.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Mine expired.  I need to get a new one.  I'm the only one in my entire family who doesn't have a good passport.  My daughter is going to France and England in August and the other one is spending Christmas in Germany.

I had to get a new birth certificate.  Now I'm good.

Respected Contributor

Two weeks is really fast. I sent my application with the old passport last month and am still waiting to receive the new one.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

We just received our new passports (renewals) on this last Thursday. Then the next day we received our old passports.   It took ours 3 weeks to process.  I thought the new ones were prettier than the old ones!

Respected Contributor

Your message reminded me that I need to renew my passport which expired in March.  Having a passport makes travelling so much earlier these days.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Two weeks is really fast. I sent my application with the old passport last month and am still waiting to receive the new one.

@Say Nay

Yes, it is very fast  particularly in the summer.  It usually take 4-6 weeks at this time of year.

I left my passport in the seat pocket of a connector flight to Vienna. I knew within minutes I'd left it.  Ground services contacted the plane before it took off again but they said it wasn't there. I know it was because I needed it to get on the plane.  We were the last 2 to board so the flight attendent made us sit down immediately for take off.  I put everything in the seat pocket.  The flight was less than an hour but I fell asleep and forgot to get my stuff out of the seat pocket.

The next day I had to go to the US Embassy in Vienna and get a new passport.(and have the lost one voided) I was told US passports go for big bucks on the black market. Within a few hours and for $120 I had a new passport good for 6 months.  When I applied for a new one, I was surprised to learn I didn't not have pay again. It took about 5 weeks to get my new passport.

Honored Contributor

Mine took only 2 weeks to renew..........but I applied in person at the County Courthouse..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:
DH and I received our passport renewals today; 2 weeks after we sent them in. Still awaiting our old passports and passport cards. I am thinking we should receive them later this week.

I'm so glad you started this thread.  I am going to need one this coming November and read online that it may take up to twelve weeks to get a renewal.  Two weeks was really quick!

After reading this post, I am hoping for no more than eight weeks.  I'm going into the post office this Monday with my checkbook ($110.00?), my old passport, and will style my hair the best I can for the photo, afterall, the passport is good for ten years.  

Last time I went to Walgreens to get the official passport photo, took it to the post office and they rejected it due to poor quality!  So, I had the PO take the photo on the spot and it was so much better than the Walgreen's attempt.