Honored Contributor
Although I was born and raised Jewish and my family celebrated all the Jewish holidays including Passover, I do not celebrate them since I left home. So, I surprised myself by buying a few Passover foods when I saw a large display of them at the supermarket.

Not being able to eat out now, I think I did so because I got bored with my "usual" foods at home. I absolutely love coconut (people either love it or hate it) so I bought a tin of chocolate macaroons that I used to eat during Passover as a child. They are so good! Really moist and wonderful with a cup of coffee. I also bought matzoh which I've always liked to eat once in a while as an alternative to crackers or bread (one piece is very filling). I bought a jar of gefilte fish (which I detested as a child and wondered how my parents could eat it!) It is an excellent source of low calorie protein. And I bought a box of chocolate covered marshmallows from Joya the same company that makes halvah.

I'm enjoying this food as a change from what I usually eat, although I'm enjoying the macaroons a little too much 😄,) I will probably replenish my supply. 👍
Regular Contributor

Glad to read that you are enjoying traditional Passover food items.  As for me, I am so sad I won't be able to sit with my family at a Passover seder and I see few items in the grocery store related to the holiday!   : (

Honored Contributor
@winediva. I was happy to see the good variety of items on the display. Especially because this supermarket does have Passover foods every year, but it is not located in an area with a very large Jewish population and I notice every year that there is a lot of it left over after Passover and greatly reduced.

So sorry you won't be able to sit with your family for Seder this year. We have our own plague going on, sadly. 😥
Honored Contributor

I'll still do the Seder. .  It will be just us 3 this year.  I have some Italian Hebrew dishes prepared. My sister got me some extra food from an Italian grocery and a Russian Jewish stores.

I normally hate the Ashkenazim (Jewish European) food (Gefiilte fish, macaroons, etc) I don't like the taste and I rarely eat it. I'm Sephardi and our food is a little different. Instead I will try a few Italian ones.  

For those of you that are wondering, there are 3 inter cultural groups of Jews.  Ashknazim (Western & Eastern European)  Sephardi (Jews from Spain and Portugal, and finally Mirzrahi (As in Isaac's name)  Jews from the rest of the world!  China, India, All Arab countries.  But our religion is the same, our language (Hebrew is the same.