Respected Contributor

Re: Passenger removed from US Air flight

I've seen a photo of her carrying that pig. It was very large, not a little pig. I have to seriously question that the pig was anything more than a pet, I really do. I'm a proponent of service animals but a line has to be drawn somewhere. A pig does it for me.

Honored Contributor

Just showed this thread to my friend. She said she used to have a "support pig", until she divorced him.

Respected Contributor

LOL Deep!

The airline was amiss for allowing it. I have no issue with small controlled comfort pets but this seems silly stupid. I haven't read about it but if passengers don't have common sense, the airline needs to have it for them.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 12/1/2014 happy housewife said:
On 12/1/

So you grew up on a farm so that gives you some sort of knowledge really?

Yes, unfortunately , I do have a lot of knowledge about pigs. And filthy is definitely the most accurate way to describe them. They eat garbage and wallow in their own messes.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Free2be said:

LOL Deep!

The airline was amiss for allowing it. I have no issue with small controlled comfort pets but this seems silly stupid. I haven't read about it but if passengers don't have common sense, the airline needs to have it for them.

ITA

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 12/1/

So you grew up on a farm so that gives you some sort of knowledge really?

Yes, unfortunately , I do have a lot of knowledge about pigs. And filthy is definitely the most accurate way to describe them. They eat garbage and wallow in their own messes.

I, too, grew up on a farm and loved it!! One of my jobs was to feed the pigs. They were filthy, of course, but I also had one pig who was a pet in our barn. He was clean, and he came when called, his name was Trixie, Unfortunatly he died, too soon, but he would come to me and lay down to be petted, etc. I also had dogs and cats. I'll always remember Trixie. I think he loved me!

I cannot understand how an airline would let a pig on the plane, and a big one at that. Unreal!

Respected Contributor

Lol. I read that the airline has said it will not allow barnyard animals on board in the future.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

Here's some info I found regarding why people think pigs are "filthy":

What do you know about pigs? They are often thought of as dirty animals. Not true! Pigs are actually very clean and intelligent—probably even smarter than dogs!

One of the reasons pigs may get a bad rap is from their habit of rolling in mud. But this behavior isn’t about getting dirty—it’s about cooling off. Pigs don’t have sweat glands, so wallowing in mud helps to keep them cool. The mud also protects their skin from biting bugs and sunburn.

Humans began raising pigs about 10,000 years ago in Europe and Asia. Now they are raised all over the world. Some live on farms where they are free to roam. Others are raised in huge concrete or steel buildings that house large numbers of animals. This practice is called intensive confinement or factory farming

Source from humanesociety.org.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Lol. I read that the airline has said it will not allow barnyard animals on board in the future.

LOL

Respected Contributor

Once that pig pood, I would be BACON that lady to get him outta there

She must have really gotten ribbed by the other passengers

I've got to ham it to her--at least she tried