Respected Contributor

Re: Party Catered by a Food Truck

My guess is that the host maybe meant beer was the only alcohol they would provide.  I sure hope they would provide water or iced tea/lemonade/soda.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know people who suffered food poisoning and required immediate hospital addmittance. Life threatening medical emergency is what they suffered.

I would never trust any food truck owner or their food to eat from them, or eat at anyb buffet, salad bar, carving station, or in someone's home I did not personally know.

Yes I know food poisoning can occur in the best restaurants, cafeteria's, hotels, and homes, but nevertheless I still would never trust food trucks, hot and cold buffets, salad bars, or homes where I do not know the people, or the like.

The right words brought to my mind is food posioning and medical life threatening emergency.

"When in doubt rule it out".

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

I know people who suffered food poisoning and required immediate hospital addmittance. Life threatening medical emergency is what they suffered.

I would never trust any food truck owner or their food to eat from them, or eat at anyb buffet, salad bar, carving station, or in someone's home I did not personally know.

Yes I know food poisoning can occur in the best restaurants, cafeteria's, hotels, and homes, but nevertheless I still would never trust food trucks, hot and cold buffets, salad bars, or homes where I do not know the people, or the like.

The right words brought to my mind is food posioning and medical life threatening emergency.

@GiantsLover.  I eat at all of those places and here I am 71 years later. 

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

@GiantsLover  I am not a big fan of food trucks either.  Or buffets.  There are too many other alternaties and I'm not at all a big fan of most outdoor dining.

Unless I can sit by the ocean!  LOL!!!!