Respected Contributor

Re: Parties, parties, parties?

I have several holiday parties to go to, more than one is a dress up party.
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I'm getting depressed!  Every host is selling items across the spectrum for all the parties we're going to.  I'm  going to one party which dh and I are hosting; no one dresses up.   My family gets together for special meals during the holidays, but we don't get dressed up.  Hopefully, everyone will wear clean t shirts!   On Christmas morning my daughter does brunch for everyone and most of us wear our pj's.   

Is everyone else booked solid between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day with parties? 

Sigh.....

I generally avoid holiday parties.  Don't feel bad.  I prefer the family functions to any of the social ones.  Be happy.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic.........Dont feel bad we have no parties to attend.  Our kids, grandkids are all over the country.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I haven't been to a party in probably 30 years or more.  When I was a young woman, my ex and I would "party" with the same group of people on a regular basis, but that was long ago. I'd just as soon sit home and watch T.V. I'm not really a party person.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic

Well, not only do I not have any parties to attend, but the small family I have can't be bothered to get together.

My sister just spent thousands flying to Hawaii for a wedding of someone she hardly knew (a friend's daughter), but she can't be bothered to get together for either of the holidays.

I'm not even an afterthought.

Honored Contributor

We have been really busy for November and December, mostly with church functions, and get togethers....Our family gets together for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we all dress nice, but comfortably.....I have one work party where we dress real nice, but certainly something in my closet works for that as well.....

I don't pay much attention to the hosts who talk all of that, because they probably aren't that busy with parties every night either-it just sounds good so that you will buy whatever it is they are selling at the moment....

I have two friends that have a lot going on this time of year, and by Christmas they are so exhausted, they wished they didn't have to go to all of the other stuff....I said learn to say No.......Especially if it something you truly aren't interested in..... 

Respected Contributor

We only have a couple things to go to, none are "dressy"...though some might wear a sparkle-y sweater, it's usually worn over jeans!

I've always been glad that I don't have a lot of parties in my life, and the ones we do have are with family or our Sunday School Class.

Honored Contributor

The hosts aren't only selling items, they are selling a lifestyle.  Most people don't have the type of lifestyle they are talking about.  Some do.  Some get depressed that they don't have the type of social engagements the hosts talk about and some thank their lucky stars they don't because it's not their thing.   

Respected Contributor

The only party I attend is our birthday dinner group's annual Christmas one. It's held at a local restaurant and we each bring a gift amounted to $20/$25. We pick numbers and choose gifts based on first to last. Some choose to dress up - which means a nice pair of slacks or a "holiday" type top or sweater with maybe Christmas pins. Some wear jeans and a dressy top or sweater. 

Don't let the QVC sales tactics bring you down. Personally, I'm not one for going to constant holiday events. I don't even go to my work party because it's held at someone's home after work, and it's a Chinese Auction, which I don't like. I just want to get home after work and relax, even on Friday nights. Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not going to any parties, unless I have one myself and then it will be casual....

I did do a double take at your op, cause I thought it said Panties, panties, panties and I wondered where on earth we were going with that, lol.