Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh  The donut hole! God bless you.  They call it that cute name but it should really be called the Cyanide Cycle because it is so brutal.

Hope this message finds you well and that you spend most of  next year well outside that section of coverage.

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@gidgetgh  The donut hole! God bless you.  They call it that cute name but it should really be called the Cyanide Cycle because it is so brutal.

Hope this message finds you well and that you spend most of  next year well outside that section of coverage.

@781Florist - thanks, but I'll be in it again next year.  Like the swallows returning to San Juan Capistrano, I'll be in the donut hole, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Can you please tell me your supplement?  Mine has gone sky high and I'm looking.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

Can you please tell me your supplement?  Mine has gone sky high and I'm looking.

@Jaspertimes - my supplement is Plan G with Anthem/Blue Cross.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Jaspertimes wrote:

@Jaspertimes - my supplement is Plan G with Anthem/Blue Cross.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

@sktchy   Hi!  I didn't go through the drug company (Novo Nordisc) website to apply.

My primary care physician (the prescriber) got the hospital pharmacist to contact me and he sent me an application that he filled out all the requisite info on....except for my financial info.  I brought very sensitive info (SS#, W2, tax forms etc.) to my doctor's office and they faxed the required stuff to the company. It takes only a couple of days to find out if you are approved.  The Dr. office staff let me watch them fax and then shred my sensitive documents. I think you should ask your doctor to help facilitate this.

BTW.... my doctor only responded after I told her I was not spending $465.00 a month for the drug.  She needed a plan B! I am so happy, as the Ozempic has brought my A1C 

from nearly 10 to 6!!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@781Florist I had something similar happen to me last year.  My first year Rx policy was something like $17.00 a month.  Then it went to $32.00 a month...last year they wanted to charge over $60.00 a month.  I don't get many perscriptions so I felt that this was way too much!

I called my neighbor who is an agent and he got me signed up with a basic plan (that still covers what I need) for only $7.20 a month!  I think it's called SilverScript.  My Meloxicam was only little more than a dollar and some antibiotics were also very inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

Two of my meds have now been moved from tier 3 to tier 4 for some unknown reason. I am hoping a generic comes out soon, as they have been promising for a couple of years. The price is $1402 and $1643 per month...with my advantage plan I pay $140 amd $164...am sure it will be even more since they moved them to tier 4. They are already controlled and hard to get. I am ready for sticker shock when I see how much has come out of my account. 

Honored Contributor

Medicare goes up with age as well. Just like the fed rate there is not much congress can do. Drug prices for seniors should go down a bit hopefully it will help with copay. My WellCare is the same as last year however I know my aarp healthcare will go up. They showed me the increases 4 ears ago when I signed up. I am 74 but didn't use Medicare until I was almost 70 as my husband worked and had insurance. My aarp is a lot but I never had had a copay yet and I have had surgeries, been hospitalized and in ER many times. My daughter has to pay 800@ a month for health insurance for her family.  Some of my unretired friends even more.  I am grateful when I hear that. I am also blessed and thank the Lord I can pay for it. So many just can't. They just can't, and it is frightening ..

Respected Contributor

It seems how well a plan works for someone depends upon where you live and what Your health issues require. 
DH was on Crestor and did well. BCBS would not pay for it and his dr tried over and over and they still rejected the claim. He switched him to something else and it didn't help at all. Crestor was so expensive. It was rejected because BCBS said "there are other cheaper cholesterol drugs available". The companies need to stay out of the dr/ patient relationship.