Honored Contributor

Re: Paris Jackson Attempts Suicide

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@kivah wrote:

She had a bad start in life - and it just kept getting worse. No mom in her young life, a dad who wasn't capable of being a father, moving from city to city, wearing a mask in public so she wouldn't be recognized, growing up in a mansion near Santa Barbara - and unable to believe Michael was a pedophile. She's now finding out how mean and fake most people in ShowBiz are - and she has no one to protect her.

Her story won't end well. I hope she finds "real" help.

@kivah   Actually Michael was an amazing  very capable Father. Yes, maybe not The typical Dad, but the children had much love and caring growing up, and they all said so.  ALSO, MANY CHILDREN GROW UP WITH NO MOTHER.   

You up are making things up about her Father and her life that leads a person to depression. She never had a bad start in life! She was given everything including love. Do not blame these things for her depression.  It is THE RUMORS that you and others spread that can lead to depression.

@SeaMaiden  I have not seen the HBO documentary yet, but I don't think what @kivah said about Michael Jackson was far off the truth.  She had an unstable upbringing to say the least.  It's a shame it has led her to this.  I wish her the best.

@SeaMaiden Except Michael Jackson was not her biological father and he paid her biological mother to give birth and then abandon her.    There has been a lot of speculation on who her biological father is.  

Her " father" who raised her was weird in every sense of the word and he lived his life in the public eye.  

Since her her father passed, she lived with her grandparents...who are weird and nuts too, especially her grandfather.

This is poor girl has lived an unstable life since day one.  She doesn't know who she is or where she belongs.

I hope she finds her way.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@SeaMaiden Everyone here has expressed sadness for this girl (woman) - and we are aware of M. Jackson's life & his children.  Why attack someone who posted a statement about the subject matter?

@fthunt  Read what I wrote.  She was doing the “attacking”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sunshine45 

PEOPLE magazine is also confirming the report by LAPD spokesperson:

“At about 7:28 a.m., officers responded to the 7200 block of Hillside for an ambulance attempt suicide. The victim was transported to a local hospital,” Tony Im, a public information officer with the Los Angeles Police Department, told PEOPLE."

@KingstonsMom 

strange report from PEOPLE.....they also say "Paris had an accident this morning that required medical treatment," a source tells PEOPLE ..... calling a suicide attempt an accident?

https://people.com/music/paris-jackson-home-after-hospitalization-source/

@sunshine45 

That PEOPLE source is Paris's publicist.

Makes sense that they want to downplay it.

I'll take the word of LAPD spokesperson who is named, personally.

Paris has been hospitalized for mental health issues and rehab against her will before, I doubt she wants to go back.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@kivah wrote:

She had a bad start in life - and it just kept getting worse. No mom in her young life, a dad who wasn't capable of being a father, moving from city to city, wearing a mask in public so she wouldn't be recognized, growing up in a mansion near Santa Barbara - and unable to believe Michael was a pedophile. She's now finding out how mean and fake most people in ShowBiz are - and she has no one to protect her.

Her story won't end well. I hope she finds "real" help.

@kivah   Actually Michael was an amazing  very capable Father. Yes, maybe not The typical Dad, but the children had much love and caring growing up, and they all said so.  ALSO, MANY CHILDREN GROW UP WITH NO MOTHER.   

You up are making things up about her Father and her life that leads a person to depression. She never had a bad start in life! She was given everything including love. Do not blame these things for her depression.  It is THE RUMORS that you and others spread that can lead to depression.

@SeaMaiden  I have not seen the HBO documentary yet, but I don't think what @kivah said about Michael Jackson was far off the truth.  She had an unstable upbringing to say the least.  It's a shame it has led her to this.  I wish her the best.

@SeaMaiden Except Michael Jackson was not her biological father and he paid her biological mother to give birth and then abandon her.    There has been a lot of speculation on who her biological father is.  

Her " father" who raised her was weird in every sense of the word and he lived his life in the public eye.  

Since her her father passed, she lived with her grandparents...who are weird and nuts too, especially her grandfather.

This is poor girl has lived an unstable life since day one.  She doesn't know who she is or where she belongs.

I hope she finds her way.

@Carmie   She loved her Father.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

does the hospital not have the right to hold her if she attempted suicide?

or do they HAVE to release her unless she is willing to be "under observation?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

does the hospital not have the right to hold her if she attempted suicide?

or do they HAVE to release her unless she is willing to be "under observation?"

@sunshine45 

Under a 5150 hold they can usually hold someone for 72 hours for a psych evaluation, but if the patient seems lucid and claims it was an accident, there's not a lot they can do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

It's a very sad story, but not surprising. She was raised in Hollywood first by her father who was very unstable and lived in a fairy tale world, and after that by grandparents and aunts/uncles, some of whom were unstable as well. There was very little normalcy in that family, so it's not hard to believe that these children grew up with a perception of self and family life that was not the norm.

Respected Contributor

Just like the two rich girls whose parents will probably go to jail trying to buy their way into USC, my advice is the same to Paris, join the Peace Corps for a couple years and direct yourself to something else instead of yourself.

Honored Contributor

I was waiting for that to happen; she has history of attempted suicides and depression and hospitalizations.  She's the one who has suffered most for Michaels death.  Whatever he was or wasn't, he was her father.  The world won't let her recover in it's zeal to hack away at her her long dead father.  I don't even understand all this Neverland stuff.  It's not like Michael rose from the dead and can be tried and arrested.  The recent accusers are admitted liars so who can believe anything they say now?  Anyone can say anything about a dead man.  That's why I didn't watch any of the tv shows or see the interviews or read the stories; my heart broke for Paris and for her brothers. Michael's long dead and he isn't coming back so the outcome of all this fun and entertainment and money making is the destruction of his children.     

Honored Contributor

It's sad.  Hopefully she can find peace.