Honored Contributor

Re: Parents spending big money for Pre K proms

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

As cute as these kids look----PLEASE PARENTS PUT THE MONEY IN A COLLEGE FUND INSTEAD!!!----SHEESH! (and yes I'm shouting)!

Just parents trying to do outdo one another....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt

ITA .....  I'd be willing to bet that most of these parents haven't been to college themselves, so have no appreciation for the benefits of higher education.   My grandmother used to call it having more money than brains.

@Tinkrbl44  that might be true....on the other hand it also sounds like some acquantinces I know that DO have degrees and spend enormous amounts of money on kids birthday parties....and this sounds like something they'd definitely do.....and your right about the MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS department---degree or no degree!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

image.jpeg

This outfit was sewn by his mother.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

image.jpeg

And this dress was sewn by her mother. The mother seems very talented. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Parties, cute clothing, money spent is not what produces spoiled brats. It's tolerating bad behavior, giving in to tantrums,  failing to teach manners and consideration for others.

The children look happy, having a good time. If you can't enjoy your children, get pleasure from them; if they aren't fun, why have them?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my.  And my grandson (age 8) has never been to a prom!  But, of course, he'd have to bring his little sis (age 3) as his date.

I guess he'll just have to wait for high school.  Or, like his father (our son) who never went to his high school prom, saying it was just a waste of money.  You see, he would have had to pay for it from his part-time job.  And son and daughter had to pay for their insurance once they started to drive.  Just old- fashioned parents, I guess.  

Honored Contributor

@Say Nay

Did you find the article that accompanies these photos?

Would you be so kind as to post it please? I would like to read the article.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 Here you go.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/news/g3655/pre-k-prom/

The photos came from instagram accounts. Some are people's personal accounts and some belong to businesses (child care and photo studio..). The GH captions are not very accurate either.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

How do you know that they are not saving for college?
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Parties, cute clothing, money spent is not what produces spoiled brats. It's tolerating bad behavior, giving in to tantrums,  failing to teach manners and consideration for others.

The children look happy, having a good time. If you can't enjoy your children, get pleasure from them; if they aren't fun, why have them?

I agree. They all look well mannered and behaved. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

As cute as these kids look----PLEASE PARENTS PUT THE MONEY IN A COLLEGE FUND INSTEAD!!!----SHEESH! (and yes I'm shouting)!

Just parents trying to do outdo one another....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt

ITA .....  I'd be willing to bet that most of these parents haven't been to college themselves, so have no appreciation for the benefits of higher education.   My grandmother used to call it having more money than brains.

Huh?  What makes you jump to that conclusion?