Honored Contributor

Re: Parents spending big money for Pre K proms

I think the trend now is to live life now and never think about the future.  It's the 'way of the world'.  (Of course, the ones who do have plenty, plenty of money (millions and more) probably won't have to worry (in their own entire lifetime, that is).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

My cousin's daughter recently attended her Pre-K Prom in Nashville. She looked adorable in a beautiful maxi dress and so did all the other children. She shared the photos and video on Facebook. It was amazing to watch such young children interacting with each other and behaving so well. All appeared to be polite, boys asking girls to dance, girls asking girls to dance, girls asking boys to dance, so cute and sweet. The boys were in Tuxedos, a few looked shy at first and were wandering aimlessly on the dance floor but my cousin's daughter is very outgoing and would take the boy or girl by the hand and have them join in. 

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 sorry you totally misunderstood

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@justmyopinion wrote:

My cousin's daughter recently attended her Pre-K Prom in Nashville. She looked adorable in a beautiful maxi dress and so did all the other children. She shared the photos and video on Facebook. It was amazing to watch such young children interacting with each other and behaving so well. All appeared to be polite, boys asking girls to dance, girls asking girls to dance, girls asking boys to dance, so cute and sweet. The boys were in Tuxedos, a few looked shy at first and were wandering aimlessly on the dance floor but my cousin's daughter is very outgoing and would take the boy or girl by the hand and have them join in. 

@justmyopinion

That sounds so cute and the perfect way to teach good manners and etiquette.

Respected Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is so sweet!

And really. Is this all that different than the dance school parents used to send their kids to? They had to dress up for that and they learned manners along with learning to dance.

I really don't get all the ugliness being thrown around on this.

~Enough is enough~