Respected Contributor

Re: Parents Sue Son Over No Grandchildren

You cannot get blood from a stone.  What if it is found out that one or both of the children are sterile and cannot have children.

Respected Contributor

G bless America!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  Some posters seem to think they are subject to this!

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

You cannot get blood from a stone.  What if it is found out that one or both of the children are sterile and cannot have children.

True.  Neither can gay couples have children unless they adopt or use a surrogate.  ... But I don't know if the Indian parents would be happy with that.

Trusted Contributor

So what does where the forum moderators are located have to do with the subject of this thread??

Esteemed Contributor

Mumbai?  Oh no.

I see Nizamabad, Belagavi, Shivamogga.

Or more likely,  Thiruvananthapuram.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

First I know every country has it's own traditions and laws but yikes.

A couple in India is suing their only child, and his wife,  because they have been married 6 years and haven't given them grandkids.

He married, and they are alone with no one to take care of them, and the neighbors all play with their grandkids and this couple thinks they should have one too. They are suing for roughly $643,000.00.

I guess there is a  law  in India that parents can ask for an monthly allowance from their kids for aging and being a senior.

Helping parents when they age is fine but suing.........holey cat.

I didn't have kids to be future caretakers for me. As to grandkids, neither of my kids have kids and I am okay with that.  Their choice.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Oh, boy ....  interesting concept .... on what news source did you find this story?

In many households all around the world, people feel that they "own" their children and can tell them what to do, indefinitely.   Based partly on survival, but also family structure.   Going back centuries and in many cultures, people assumed that they would have children and that would guarantee "someone" would take care of them in old age.  

Even though this is happening in India, I expect it will be covered by many news sources.  

People suing because they aren't grandparents is just beyond stupid ... JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

So what does where the forum moderators are located have to do with the subject of this thread??

There could very well be both QVC moderators/employees and posters of Indian descent that would take offense to things that are being posted here about their customs.

Wished that had been taken into consideration.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

No kids here, thus no g-kids. Bet there are parents around that would like to sue their offspring, but for differing reasons.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Sad situation.  Personally, I think a lot of grandparents these days are way more into their children and grandchildren's business than they should be.  Some parents refuse to give their kids a chance to be adults.  Some kids simply do not want to grow up either.

@Sooner 

Totally agree.  Then, there's "entitlement"!!!