Honored Contributor

Re: Pantone Color of 2018 Is.....

@Spurt wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Ultra Violet.

purple.jpg

It's a deep purple.

Life can carry on now that we all know this. *lol*

How do they pick their "color of the year" anyway?

@Plaid Pants2

Shouldnt we all have a vote on this?...........

This is how they say the color is chosen.........

Before the Color of the Year is chosen, Pantone’s color experts search and consider hues being used all over the world, often in the fashion and entertainment industries. Once the search is over, Pantone hosts a secret two-day meeting, where these experts can suggest their favorite finds to be the winner. Choosing the Color of the Year is not as simple as picking the most flattering or stylish color, however. According to the executive director at Pantone, Leatrice Eiseman, the color “has to resonate around the world, to express in color what is taking place in the global zeitgeist.” In a press release, the company stated that the Color of the Year “has always been an integral part of how a culture expresses the attitudes and emotions of the times.”

@Spurt  Interesting info Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

TY, Pantone.  I have an outfit from several years back -  that color and the trousers have a leg that's been too wide for a while to be fashionable.  Now, I'll try to get a bit of wear.  And it's closet shopping.- saves 100%!

Honored Contributor

Image result for cat with purple hair

Image result for dog wearing violet

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised no one has mentioned  Liz.

elizabeth-taylor-eyes-purple.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not too long ago I stopped in at a local car dealership to get a glimpse of this rare find from Dodge. The color was so electrifying, like it was from another planet. Wow what a color! I will never be able to own anything of this caliper (100K+) but it was a sight to look at. "Plum Crazy" is the name of this color paint on the Dodge Demon car.

Charger-Demon-SRT-450x370.png

@SilleeMee

I gave you a ‘heart’ for this, but I keep coming back to look.

Yeah, it’s sexy hot.

😍💥

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not too long ago I stopped in at a local car dealership to get a glimpse of this rare find from Dodge. The color was so electrifying, like it was from another planet. Wow what a color! I will never be able to own anything of this caliper (100K+) but it was a sight to look at. "Plum Crazy" is the name of this color paint on the Dodge Demon car.

Charger-Demon-SRT-450x370.png

@SilleeMee

I gave you a ‘heart’ for this, but I keep coming back to look.

Yeah, it’s sexy hot.

😍💥

@sidsmom,

Yes in deed. That color on that car would change color to a deep blue-ish-violet, depending how the light hit it. Breathtaking.

Honored Contributor

I have an idea:  Violet contact lenses!   (I'm guessing that they are already available (?) )

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I actually like anything in the purple family.