Honored Contributor

I bought a new pair of ASICS running shoes.  My feet, legs and hips are thanking me.  I wore my old ones too long and when I put the new ones on I was like,

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And some body butter.  

Other than that my Pandemic Therapy is saving as much as I can.

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2 Too bad so many have hijacked your thread.  I am also spending a lot.  I kinda went crazy with ordering toilet paper after I couldn't find any; now I'm selectively hoarding--only the best stuff.  My favorite shirt was on sale at QVC so I decided to get one in every color.  And what else??

I'm really tempted to get a new patent leather purse here.  We'll see...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@handygal2   Not too much.  A pair of sandals in April, and a beauty with Benefits order in May.   Other than that masks, food and finally have one backup TP.   I’m trying to get rid of STUFF. Not add more.  A few friends are really doing some retail therapy damage!!!  Glad I am not.  

Honored Contributor

I have been "pretty good" with retail therapy.  Our stores are open but nothing new in them (of course) and I don't need or want.   

When I went to store today I saw the signs on windows at Pier 1 -- store closing.  I was so sad to see this.  I guess this is when "pandemic reality" hits ....

Not that I shopped there much just seeing this shopping center losing so many stores is sad.  The Hallmark store closed early March, Ross has not reopened, a nice bistro cafe is closed and I'm sure many to follow.

I bought a fireworks temptations set (still waiting been almost 3 weeks), a pair of shoes and box of face masks.

Food - I've been good at not buying until the freezer is empty & I'm getting there it's almost empty!  I'm kinda sick of my own food & looking forward to eating out again (once we feel comfortable).  I have been buying exactly what we will eat.

So far so good🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born 

You are so right re: taxes.  My kids are still in NJ and taxes were high to start but now they are saying "10-22%" property tax increase😳.

So either they will relocate or have to figure it out before it hits. 

I hope they can get thru this as everyone else!    

Respected Contributor

At the start of the SIP, several online retailers had huge sales.  I did some early Christmas shopping and also treated myself to some Barefoot Dreams sale items to help me SIP more comfortably.  My son just had his birthday and I ordered his gifts online since retail stores are not open here.  I ordered everything over a month ahead of time, thinking it would take a while to get them, but all of the items arrived within a week!

Respected Contributor

Okay, I'll fess up and admit that I've been ordering lots of things from Talbots when they ran deep discount sales this season. I just couldn't resist the dress I craved being offered at $150 less than the original price or the slacks at $100 less. And the $19.99 tops just called to me! Hopefully, I'll receive all of my items before too much longer. 

I also made sure we were stocked up on paper products, but I didn't hoard anything. At BJ's, I bought the meats and other groceries that we'd need to round out our meals so they weren't monotonous. If they had large portion sizes, I'd break them down, shrink wrap them and freeze them for later use. I also took advantage of BJ's coupons to buy non-perishable items for a local food bank.

DH was almost as bad as I was. He saw lots of shirts and shorts at the Bealls website that he just had to have, too. So no criticism coming my way from that corner. 

At this point, we're both trying to cut back on our online shopping, with some success. 🙂

Honored Contributor
Spoiler
My friend works retail, she said the store is crazy busy.

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted a new Christmas tree last year and waited to long and by the time I got around to ordering everything I wanted was sold out. So I started early this year and got my tree, some ornaments and a tree skirt. They are safety stored in a closet for now. All I'm looking for is a tree topper now.

Honored Contributor

Only food, gas, and medications. I did need some home maintenance things done like furnace and A/C maintenance. Also, oil change and tire rotation. Will be getting teeth cleaned next week. And, will have handyman trim shrubs in a few weeks.