Esteemed Contributor

Pandemic Could Last 18 Months or Longer

Welcome to our new normal.

I heard this just now on CNN, and it was mentioned at this morning's news conference.

If true, G-d help us all.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Pandemic Could Last 18 Months or Longer

Watch the real news. Watch Fox.

Frequent Contributor

It's true..there is another tread about this.

i just added to that tread with links for sourcing.

It was yesterday's news cycle from White House report Friday..and seems was not supposed to be seen by we the people..

Thankfully the NY Times got the story out. 

Respected Contributor

Or the virus could last forever, like HIV.  The issue becomes how soon before those infected develop immunity, how soon a vaccine can be created, and how do we learn to be more careful of viruses in general and care for our most vulnerable populations.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Or the virus could last forever, like HIV.  The issue becomes how soon before those infected develop immunity, how soon a vaccine can be created, and how do we learn to be more careful of viruses in general and care for our most vulnerable populations.

I think that's where the OP got the 18 months. That's the estimated time for a vaccine. But I think that also assumes the vaccines just starting to be tested now will work.

Valued Contributor

I expect the coronavirus to be part of our lives just like influenza. And just like influenza there will be a vaccine for those who want to get it. Hopefully we can all learn to stop touching people we dont know and be more mindful of better habits when we cough & sneeze. Superior minds are working non-stop to get a vaccine for this right now. We WILL get through this.
Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

am watching real news.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

No one on any network called this virus a hoax. We were told to prepare but not panic. Some "journalists" on some networks were more hysterical than others but no one referred to it as a hoax. As a matter of fact I was angry & frustrated with more than 1 network trying 2 "scare people" & AT THE TIME I refused to be frightened by ANY network. I'm still not in a hysterical panic but I am prepared.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It will become endemic just like the other viruses in the world, seasonal in some places.

The only pathogenic virus we've ever eradicated is small pox. The rest of them are still among us hiding and waiting for an opportunity.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

Edited: This is baiting to try to stir up an unrelated argument.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr