Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pandemic Could Last 18 Months or Longer

Please try to find comfort in the many voices of the trained medical professionals.
Honored Contributor

I refuse to watch CNN, however it's possible this will last a year imo.

Honored Contributor

I hope there is a vaccine developed for this virus, but just like flu shots, there will be many who refuse to get the vaccine, so many will still be at risk.
Honored Contributor

The BBC just ran a video from two weeks ago.

Eye opening.

~~~

This Bears Repeating

Matches

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:
Please try to find comfort in the many voices of the trained medical professionals.

@Nuttmeg -

Strangely I had been finding comfort in listening to a lot unlike some who found it gave them more anxiety but lately, ok last few days, not so much.

Dr. Gupta just said today that 4 out of 5 that are tested positive got the virus from someone who didn't know they had it!

So I think I will do as best I can but can't really control the outcome at all and so I'm just going to live each day the best I can with as less worry as I can.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

Are we going to have to stay isolated by ourselves inside our homes for 28 months? No. Farr’s Theory of Epidemics states that epidemics and pandemics follow a bell curve. Thats why things like smallpox and yellow fever cane and went in waves. Usually seasonally. This “Coronavirus” maybe well never be eradicated per se but cases will abate relatively soon. We won’t have to stay in our homes isolated for 18 months.
Respected Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:
Are we going to have to stay isolated by ourselves inside our homes for 28 months? No. Farr’s Theory of Epidemics states that epidemics and pandemics follow a bell curve. Thats why things like smallpox and yellow fever cane and went in waves. Usually seasonally. This “Coronavirus” maybe well never be eradicated per se but cases will abate relatively soon. We won’t have to stay in our homes isolated for 18 months.

I pray you are correct. Many of us are scared.

Honored Contributor

I don’t expect the coronavirus to ever just disappear, but do expect we will eventually have a vaccine; the fact that it is exponentially more contagious than the flu is what makes it so frightening. Now younger people are becoming infected....they represent most of our workforce.
Honored Contributor

Am not sure how anyone can put a timeline on this who situation unless they are just wanting to cause further panic.
Honored Contributor

I remember standing in line to get my smallpox vaccine at the high school when I was a very little girl. I also got the sugar cube with the polio vaccine on it a few years later at the high school. They were given to the public free of charge...regardless of income. If the same happened today, am sure the antivaxers would protest.