Honored Contributor

Re: Palmer Chocolate Co. explosion - PA

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Very sad.  Loss of life.  Loss of jobs.  

I wonder what the combustible dust has to do with chocolate making.

@Lucky Charm   Cocoa powder is combustible and an explosion hazard.  But I haven't heard anyone say that's what happened.

I had no idea about cocoa powder!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newname0    A little detail on where and when this happened as well as cause and injuries would be appreciated. 

A picture may be worth 1,000 words but that's not enough. 

@Kachina624   In less than the time you took to post and berate the OP, you could have Googled the info. 🙄

The OP started a discussion. @Kachina simply continued the discussion. This is a discussion board. If I were at home at my table having this discussion with a friend and she brought up this subject and I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't get up and go to my office to google it. I would ask my friend to give me the deets. Same thing. Discussion among friends.

@cody2  🙄 Not at all the same thing. @Kachina624  was already online, keyboard at her fingertips when she asked. I stand by my point.

@Pearlee    Every person reading a post should not have to launch into major research.  Every article or scant photo on a news item. should contain the basics of news reporting.  Since you don't know them, I'll enumerate for you.

Who

What

When 

Where 

Why and 

How. 

Your comments don't even make good sense.  It's the author of a thread who should explain what she's talking about.  We shouldn't have to ask. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Very sad.  Loss of life.  Loss of jobs.  

I wonder what the combustible dust has to do with chocolate making.

@Lucky Charm   Cocoa powder is combustible and an explosion hazard.  But I haven't heard anyone say that's what happened.

I had no idea about cocoa powder!

@Lucky Charm   Any extremely dusty environment can be subject to explosions if conditions are right.  Have you heard about violent explosions in grain elevators, the most common?  Cocoa powder would be unusual. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

2 separate topics in this thread:

1) The Explosion.

HORRIBLE situation for those who lost their lives and their families. Add in those whose jobs are now eliminated and the trauma of being in the situation plus losing co-workers. May they all find peace in the aftermath.

2) The chocolate product that is made by Palmer.

It is a product that no one in my world cares for. The flavor is awful and I know many a mom that called Palmer chocolates "desperation chocolate"; meaning you ONLY purchased it if you were desperate. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newname0    A little detail on where and when this happened as well as cause and injuries would be appreciated. 

A picture may be worth 1,000 words but that's not enough. 

@Kachina624   In less than the time you took to post and berate the OP, you could have Googled the info. 🙄

The OP started a discussion. @Kachina simply continued the discussion. This is a discussion board. If I were at home at my table having this discussion with a friend and she brought up this subject and I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't get up and go to my office to google it. I would ask my friend to give me the deets. Same thing. Discussion among friends.

@cody2  🙄 Not at all the same thing. @Kachina624  was already online, keyboard at her fingertips when she asked. I stand by my point.

@Pearlee    Every person reading a post should not have to launch into major research.  Every article or scant photo on a news item. should contain the basics of news reporting.  Since you don't know them, I'll enumerate for you.

Who

What

When 

Where 

Why and 

How. 

Your comments don't even make good sense.  It's the author of a thread who should explain what she's talking about.  We shouldn't have to ask. 

Major research?  😂😂😂😂😂😂  As  for the list, I don't live by The Rules According to Kachina624.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all your replies.  I put this up with scant details because I knew other commentators would supply them and I did get the explanation about dust from other comments made on the original news story.  Mostly I wanted to emphasize:

You gotta have heart
Miles and miles and miles of heart
Oh it's fine to be a genius of course
But keep that old horse before the cart
First you've gotta have heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in the area of the explosion. As of now, fluid numbers indicate that five are dead and four, still missing. Ten hospitalized. One person was found alive in the rubble.  Families still are hoping for a miracle.  

Update Monday Morning--

Number of those hurt and injured has changed. As of this morning, there were seven employees killed. No others have been reported missing. Cause of the explosion still has not been announced.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@Pearlee??  Are you referring to the waxy consistancy of the chocolate Or the absolutely tragic loss of someones son or daughter in a factory explosion?

@candys mine.  My guess would be the latter based on @Pearlee typical thoughtless nasty posts.  When I read that post about death by chocolate I thought you couldn't go much lower.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is not a news outlet.

There is no requirement for any poster to follow rules of reportage, even though commanded to do so.

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

QVC is not a news outlet.

There is no requirement for any poster to follow rules of reportage, even though commanded to do so.

😄 @"Commanded to do so." Excellent post.  I just blow off commandments from self-important know-it-alls who appear to have no life outside of this board. As Glinda told the Wicked Witch, "Begone, you have no powers here."