Honored Contributor

Re: Palmer Chocolate Co. explosion - PA

I never heard of Palmer Chocolate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I never heard of Palmer Chocolate. 

@Kachina624, you'll find it in almost any drugstore, Walmart, etc.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Death by Chocolate. 🍫

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newname0    A little detail on where and when this happened as well as cause and injuries would be appreciated. 

A picture may be worth 1,000 words but that's not enough. 

@Kachina624   In less than the time you took to post and berate the OP, you could have Googled the info. 🙄

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee??  Are you referring to the waxy consistancy of the chocolate Or the absolutely tragic loss of someones son or daughter in a factory explosion?

Respected Contributor

I have a family member who lives not far from that factory. He texted me he was fine but didn't give me any details yet. Thankful he hand his family are okay. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@newname0    A little detail on where and when this happened as well as cause and injuries would be appreciated. 

A picture may be worth 1,000 words but that's not enough. 

@Kachina624   In less than the time you took to post and berate the OP, you could have Googled the info. 🙄

The OP started a discussion. @Kachina simply continued the discussion. This is a discussion board. If I were at home at my table having this discussion with a friend and she brought up this subject and I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't get up and go to my office to google it. I would ask my friend to give me the deets. Same thing. Discussion among friends.
Valued Contributor

When I heard on the news of the Palmer  chocolate factory explosion in Pennsylvania  the name stood out in my mind.Then recalled that candy what was sold in Woolworth (5&10 cent store we called the  store) at  Easter time back in the 60's and 70's .They had big hollow milk chocolate bunnies and white chocolate lambs and a cross sold every Easter till Woolworth closed down.Read here that it was sold in CVS never really took notice as my kids are all grown so no more Easter bunny shopping going on here.

Respected Contributor

If you check the brand on many of the chocolate Easter rabbits at the grocery store or CVS, the majority of them are Palmer's chocolate.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Not only did the Company and its workers suffer this tragedy, but the world is informed  and reminded how bad Palmer's product is.  Smiley Sad   No one will mistake it for Godiva but most little kids won't notice.