Honored Contributor

Re: Palace Reveals Prince Philip Had Heart Surgery

[ Edited ]

Funny, fast-living flirt whose humour put shy Queen at ease… we celebrate  Prince Philip's remarkable life of service in pictures as he retires from  duties

A VERY YOUNG PRINCE PHILIP

Somehow, I yearned to show him in the flower of his youth.  He was a very handsome young man, in my opinion.

May he finish out the time allotted him on Earth in relative comfort.   He may continue for another half decade.  The best to him!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota 

Never feel that you have to apologize for a typo, forum etiquette says that other posters shouldn't point them out, but some posters aren't aware of that apparently.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@pitdakota 

Never feel that you have to apologize for a typo, forum etiquette says that other posters shouldn't point them out, but some posters aren't aware of that apparently.

Forum etiquette. 

Respected Contributor

I wish Prince Philip the best.  Personally, I would not want to do anything invasive to myself at that age, but we are all different and I respect his choice.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm really suprised, considering his zealous stance on overpopulation, that he would choose extreme measures for himself, at his age.

@Lucky Charm 

I'm not surprised at all that anyone, regardless of "his age or overpopulation, would choose extreme measures for himself, at this age", to have a little more time with his family and loved ones, I sure would.

Are you in a hurry for the end? I'm not.

This is a guy who's quoted saying, if he could, he'd like to come back as a deadly virus to help with the overpopulation.  

He's always been reported to be quick witted and charismatic, but a warm and fuzzy guy he has never been.

I wish him the best.

Respected Contributor

Wishing Prince Philip a complete recovery.  

He was a hottie in his youth, wasn't he?  Lucky HMTQ!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm surprised they performed surgery on a 99 year old person, yet amazing he did ok so far. Maybe there was no choice and they had to take a chance. It's just that anesthesia and surgery at such an age is really dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised though if they had different procedures than we do here.

@on the bay 

I'm thinking that even if his survival rate was 50/50 or less, the medical team would want to be able to say "we did everything we could".

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm really suprised, considering his zealous stance on overpopulation, that he would choose extreme measures for himself, at his age.

@Lucky Charm 

LOL.    Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

If it was to put in a stent, then most likely they went up the femoral artery in the leg. I seriously doubt that they cracked his chest open. Now, with any kind of procedure, there are risks, especially with someone of his age. I wish him a full, complete and speedy recovery.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  @dulwich. See Jane Ridley Opinion piece on the Foxnews site just recently posted which does mention ailing Prince Philip among other things. I give it 👍👍