Honored Contributor

Palace Reveals Prince Philip Had Heart Surgery

Prince Philip was way sicker than the Palace led everyone to believe ... because they just revealed he underwent heart surgery.

Queen Elizabeth's 99-year-old husband is recovering from what the Palace describes as a "successful" heart operation for a pre-existing heart condition. They went on to say he'll continue to be hospitalized "for a number of days."

The Palace said on 2/17, “The Duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor, after feeling unwell." “The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”

On 2/19 -- "It is understood he had felt unwell for several days before royal doctors ordered him to hospital as a “precautionary measure."

On 2/22 Prince William said his grandpa was "OK."

The Palace never mentioned a heart issue until 3/1.

It's not unusual to downplay the severity of an illness when it comes to government officials, but the timing here is problematic. The Palace is in a brewing war with Meghan and Harry, and people are going to be taking sides after the Oprah interview this Sunday.

If people feel the Palace was misleading on the Philip front, it could create doubt they're fessing up on the Meghan and Harry front.

To be continued ...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Palace Reveals Prince Philip Had Heart Surgery

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I read about this about Prince Philip this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago they said he had stents put in.  Seems to be just more of the same.  He was transferred to a heart hospital after all.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes, I read about this about Prince Philip this morning.

I did also. I prefer to read my news from original sources rather than undocumented ones.

Respected Contributor

What a blessing to come through surgery at 99 years of age.  May Prince Phillip continue to improve and reach a full recovery.  My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Phillip and Queen Elizabeth, they have been together for so many years,,,,,,,,,,,,a lifetime, really, I think it would be extremely difficult for either to be without the other.

Honored Contributor

I heard that this morning.

I wish him well.  They both seem to be doing well for their age.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering why Prince Philip was tranferred to a cardiac hospital on Monday. Now I know why.

Here's to the best for him!

Super Contributor

Sending prayers.......this is a strong man and may his recovery be quick !

Honored Contributor

I saw this news on GMA this morning.  I haven't really been keeping up with any of this so I don't know that the Palace was releasing or not.