Honored Contributor

Re: Paisley Park, Home of Prince Opens For Tours

wow that was fast! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

Something just struck me that you might find funny since you've admitted to OCD tendencies.

When George showed up at the studio, it was during the period that he was wearing those yarn looking braids in his hair.

Image result for george clinton 1990's

When I met him I could tell it had been a while since he had them tightened.  As I was talking to him there was one pink one that was barely hanging on to his hair by a thread.  I was trying to look him in the eye as we were chatting but I kept waiting for that braid to fall out.

I swear before God, it took all my control to not say, George, lemme fix that braid for you, it's about to fall out.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Back to Prince...

It was not uncommon for him to hold impromptu mini concerts or after hours parties at PP after the bars closed, during which he invited the public and his fans.

He was a Minneapolis boy to the core which is why he kept his roots and his music here, and it paid off big time.

I never got the chance to meet him but I used to work with his aunt, who looked at him as nothing more than her nephew...she was quite the character.

Even though I love his music, I personally have no interest in this tour but I have no doubt it will be wildly popular and fun.  I was at the Saints game when they did their full blown tribute, including Prince fireworks, and that was a lot of fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@magicmoodz

Something just struck me that you might find funny since you've admitted to OCD tendencies.

When George showed up at the studio, it was during the period that he was wearing those yarn looking braids in his hair.

Image result for george clinton 1990's

When I met him I could tell it had been a while since he had them tightened.  As I was talking to him there was one pink one that was barely hanging on to his hair by a thread.  I was trying to look him in the eye as we were chatting but I kept waiting for that braid to fall out.

I swear before God, it took all my control to not say, George, lemme fix that braid for you, it's about to fall out.

@Bird mama

No doubt!  I'd be asking for a comb and a pick.  Haha!

Loving his neck jewels!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama

Aww Bernie, I think you must have needed Friday night to release some of your pent up sadness.  

Today there was an event in the park adjacent to my home.  A rather good band played throughout the afternoon.  Of course they ended their last set with "Purple Rain".  That song has a hold on me like no other.  I stood out on my balcony and let the tears flow freely--for a man with a beautiful spirit that left us far too soon.