Honored Contributor

Paging SilleeMee and Dancingwoman

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  @Dancingwoman

Are you having any flooding from snow melt?  In our Jemez Mountains,  just Northwest of Albuquerque, the Jemez River is raging.  Normally a quiet waterway about 8ft wide,  it's now a raging at about 50ft or more closing the only highway into the area and threatening some homes.  The Jemez had 5X normal snow fall,  then we had a week of abnormally high temperatures causing rapid melt.

Just wondering if you're getting the same? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging SilleeMee and Dancingwoman

@Kachina624 

I'm not aware of any local flooding in my area. Nothing has been mentioned on the local news about flooding either. Snowmelt runoff doesn't affect us here in the city but maybe up nearer the foothills it could be different.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Paging SilleeMee and Dancingwoman

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  Not at our house right now.. a couple weeks ago there was standing water in peoples yards as far as the house next door. Our house is on a small hill so we are usually safe from flooding.  Our pond filled with water and the irrigation ditches ran full but that's subsided. 

I read that Dolores had standing water in the streets.  I think there will be more flooding around the Animas river as things warm up in the high country..

Have a good night..DW