Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

JUst read a report that police have uncovered no evidence whatsoever that Paddock had any assistance in the planning or execution of this massacre.  He did this on his own.  PErhaps the police chief should be more careful,before he makes statements that have no basis in fact.

@KathyPet

How about "currently" the police have uncovered no evidence...

This is a very fluid investigation.  Nothing is really conclusive at this point except an animal killed 58 people. 

Why are you so down on law enforcement?  It is very evident in your posts. 

NOt down on law enforcement at all.  They have a very difficult job to do.  HOwever in a highly charged investigation such as this the police need to speak to what is known not what is speculation.  The police chief's comments about someone else being involved in the planning and execution of this crime were based on speculation not the facts as they are currently available.  SPeculation like that causes the news media to act like a dog with a bone.  If others were involved the facts will come out in time but it has been almost a week now and so far there is no evidence that anyone else was involved and with all the hundreds of hours the police and other law enforcement personnel have spent investigating I would think that if another individual were involved that FACT would have been uncovered by now.

From the old Dragnet series "GIve us the facts Ma'am.  nothing but the facts"

I wish I had your confidence.  The police are still saying Seth Rich's murder was a "robbery"  despite the fact that nothing - including his expensive watch - was stolen.  That fits the narrative and it's the end of the story.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

JUst read a report that police have uncovered no evidence whatsoever that Paddock had any assistance in the planning or execution of this massacre.  He did this on his own.  PErhaps the police chief should be more careful,before he makes statements that have no basis in fact.

@KathyPet

This is a very fluid investigation.  Nothing is really conclusive at this point except an animal killed 58 people. 

NOt down on law enforcement at all.  They have a very difficult job to do.  HOwever in a highly charged investigation such as this the police need to speak to what is known not what is speculation.  The police chief's comments about someone else being involved in the planning and execution of this crime were based on speculation not the facts as they are currently available.  SPeculation like that causes the news media to act like a dog with a bone.  If others were involved the facts will come out in time but it has been almost a week now and so far there is no evidence that anyone else was involved and with all the hundreds of hours the police and other law enforcement personnel have spent investigating I would think that if another individual were involved that FACT would have been uncovered by now.

I wish I had your confidence.  The police are still saying Seth Rich's murder was a "robbery"  despite the fact that nothing - including his expensive watch - was stolen.  That fits the narrative and it's the end of the story.

Seth Rich??  Your slip is showing.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

Really, I'd think everyone would want to know what happened to him.  But alas - no leads - it's just a mysterious tragedy.

I'd also think folks would be concerned since he was shot - in DC - where firearms must be registered. Hmmmm. 

Respected Contributor

I'm also intrigued by the reports that he may have expected to escape.

The neighbors are now saying that first he loaded up his belongings in his new vehicle and then a couple of weeks later, she did the same thing.

I'm wondering if they planned to meet in the Phillipines and the money sent ahead was to secure a place to live.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

Really, I'd think everyone would want to know what happened to him.  But alas - no leads - it's just a mysterious tragedy.

I'd also think folks would be concerned since he was shot - in DC - where firearms must be registered. Hmmmm. 

The textbook example of fake news:/