Honored Contributor

Ugh, I hate those things!  

Honored Contributor

Thankfully,  they don't seem to be using them anymore.   Everything I've gotten needing padding has "pillows"  of air-filled plastic.   I can't remember the last time I got peanuts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Now that I'm thinking about it, I cannot remember getting a package with styrofoam peanuts in a long time.

It seems like most now use those air bags or that heavy, rigid, brown paper.  

It's a good thing, I suppose.   I still have HUGE bags of styro peanuts from when I used to ship a lot.  I need to figure something out to do with them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Just last month I ordered a cookbook and they still used the Peanuts, but all other packages have been the padded packages.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thankfully,  they don't seem to be using them anymore.   Everything I've gotten needing padding has "pillows"  of air-filled plastic.   I can't remember the last time I got peanuts. 

Last time I got peanuts, I was at the circus--but even those days are coming to an end!

Honored Contributor

One time I received a package full of those peanuts. Inside the box was a note from the company stating that the peanuts they used to pack my items were the kind that dissolved in water! I was so surprised. But I never did put them in water to see if they really dissolved in water and in the trash they went.

Respected Contributor

I like the air pillows, but my vitamin company (Puritan's Pride) still uses a ton of those peanuts when they send my rather large orders.  First I have to fish the bottles out of the peanut sea, then I have to put all the peanuts into plastic bags so they won't blow all over the condos when I put out the trash.  Some of my neighbors just set the boxes out, and those awful things all blow into my patio.  When I get home on trash day, sometimes I think there must be a large invisible vacuum cleaner on my back porch!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt Just a thought, I used to bring mine to a UPS store, they used to welcome them with open arms, it has been a couple of years so I would call them ahead of time to see if this is still the case.

Honored Contributor

I hate them too, so much static, they stick to everything.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafterIf you bag them up, UPS will take them and use them for shipping.