Respected Contributor

Re: PRince Philip is retiring

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@software wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@software wrote:

I know this will be blasphemy to some, but when the Queen retires as well, this monarchy thing needs to RETIRE as well.   

ITA.

Just can't believe in this advanced day & age,

we still have something so antiquated as a monarchy.

There are still many monarchys in the world. Most of them are like the English one - they rule in name only and there is a parliment who actually run the country. A friend of mine is really into this monarchy thing and she follows many of them online.She knows their names and all about all of them. They are her hobby.

You could remove the word "monarchy" and substitute the word "Kardashian"

Her passion does not legitimize either.

@software

You could, if you had no concept of history, the vote, and what they do.

Exactly @Noel7 The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan are not a wasteful figurehead like the English Monarchy. While they do have a Parliament that beautiful country has a very hardworking King and Queen. Who are down to earth and do not act like the English. Even though ironically King Abdullah is half English. 

Esteemed Contributor

He's 95 and has had numerous health problems. These royals may live a life of luxury but they have huge responsibilities. I retired in my 60s. These guys are working into their 90s!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and calling out another poster.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

He's 95 and has had numerous health problems. These royals may live a life of luxury but they have huge responsibilities. I retired in my 60s. These guys are working into their 90s!

I believe I read that Phillip will be 96 next month.  I think he enjoys getting out of the castle and meeting people.  He has many interests. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@software wrote:

I know this will be blasphemy to some, but when the Queen retires as well, this monarchy thing needs to RETIRE as well.   

The people in the UK want to keep the monarchy, we have nothing to say about it,

@Noel7  The way things are going here, I was kind of hoping they'd take us back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@software wrote:

The people in the UK want to keep the monarchy, we have nothing to say about it,

@Noel7  The way things are going here, I was kind of hoping they'd take us back. 

@Kachina624  Post of the day!!!

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

____

I'm not a Monarchy fan, but as Anerican's I don't think it's any of our business! 

We wouldn't want the British telling us how to run things, though, it would be nice if they had some good advice; we could use it😳

Super Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Every time I watch the movie, "The Patriot" ... I remember the torture & ruthless killings that our nation endured because of the British "monarchy."   As some have said, the concept of rule by Kings & Queens need to end, especially when it's time for Prince Charles & Camilla to begin their reign (what a joke).

________

Again. Absolutely none of our business. The world really does not revolve around the United States and what we think. 

Their country, their tradition, their business. 

Honored Contributor

I was hoping that they were both going to retire in favor of William, let him have a good run, and enjoy their own retirement.

But if not William, then Charles, of whom I personally am not a fan.  If Charles and William are to have reign, it would be nice for it to happen soon,  while they are still relevant rather than have a repeat of the Victoria / Bertie situation.

IMPO.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

At 95, I say good.  That queen will hold on to her crown forever.  I say, retire with him.