Honored Contributor

Re: PRINCESS CHARLOTTE'S HORSESHOE BROOCH

@Oznell 

thank you for taking the time to post the history along with pictures

i knew the brooch came from the Queen but didnt know it came from the Queen Mother - silly me, I thought she just bought it

it looked perfect on Princess Charlotte 

they must have some filing system on what jewels came from whom - worn where etc

i always liked it when a piece of jewelry is worn bc it was a gift and she made sure to wear it when visiting the country

a diamond maple leaf given as a gift - the Queen wore it on a visit and so did Kate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the unfamiliar terminology, @hckynutjohn !   My Canadian family always said "brooch" for "pin",  like the Brits do.  Now I use both interchangeably.

Yes,  alert @redwall, @occasionalrain@insomniac2  -- I do believe that most wear it "up"--  to keep the luck from running out.  I'd probably try to defy the superstition!

Thanks, kind @golding76.

@twinsister,  I've read that when the Queen Mother died, those Cartier bracelets went to her daughter, Queen Elizabeth.  To me they look more like Princess Margaret's style, but sadly, she predeceased her mother.

I've seen one photo of Queen Elizabeth II wearing the ruby ones.  She had a stunning red dress on, a color that she looked so good in, and those ruby and diamond bracelets. In the 1970's, I think.

Another Cartier piece, that was originally Queen Mary's, is the choker that the later generations wear as a bracelet-- such a stunner.  Edited to add--  It might not be Cartier, actually, but is in that "bolter style", ha.  I do like Art Deco motifs--

queen-mary-choker-bracelet-1547841636.jpg   

And another charming tiara, that like the Lotus flower one is wearable and not too "formidable", is the Cartier Halo Tiara.   Here it is on Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, and Kate Middleton as a bride:

the-cartier-halo-tiara-1547841809.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Hopefully, passing phase. Prince George is 2nd in line now and his kids will outrank Charlotte.

@SharkE 

What if he doesn't have any kids?

LOL don't worry he will. Their main job. Remember Henry the VIII.

Honored Contributor

The word brooch,has been around forever.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was looking thru some photos of the Queens funeral, one was of Princess Charlotte and Prince George standing together in the church, the sentiment to the brooch is that the Queen gave it to the little princess as 'her first piece of real jewelry'. Very sweet, so very special.   Heart

eta~ @Oznell thank you for all the beautiful photos here, I am always intrigued by all the tiaras in the monarchy. I really like the Queen Mum's worn in the flapper style, wow she was a real stunner in her younger years. Queen Elizabeth ll had some beautiful parents, both of them.

The photo I saw of Charlotte and George is the same one you provided here!

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

I was looking thru some photos of the Queens funeral, one was of Princess Charlotte and Prince George standing together in the church, the sentiment to the brooch is that the Queen gave it to the little princess as 'her first piece of real jewelry'. Very sweet, so very special.   Heart

And it was the Queens mums.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell I giggled at the term "spikey" regarding tiaras.  I agree; I don't care for them either.  I like the ones you posted as well as the "headband-ish" ones worn by Eugenie and Meghan:

Princess Eugenie Royal Wedding Tiara Photos & Details - See the Tiara  Eugenie Chose for Her Wedding

Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding Tiara: All the Details, History | Time

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

And it was the Queens mums.

Yes right.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think Charlotte wore it best -- just perfect for her.

Honored Contributor

Oh, thanks, @faeriemoon ,   those are two great "headband" styles,  gorgeous and wearable!