Trusted Contributor

Re: PRINCESS CHARLOTTE'S HORSESHOE BROOCH

@golding76 Checked in Harper's Bazaar aabout the brooch.  The queen gave it to Charlotte as a gift in honor of their shared love of horses.  Another grandchild, Lady Windsor, wore a necklace with a horse's head; she too is an equestrian.

Honored Contributor

Whether the tiara was worn on the forehead or is worn high on the head, it is an exquisite stunning piece.  I can imagine all the royal jewelry passed down as splendid pieces to be cherished.  I also love the bracelets, so very beautiful.  

The Horseshoe Brooch looks adorable on Princess Charlotte's coat, such meaning and history  behind that piece of jewelry.  That is quite a collection of priceless jewelry with many stories to tell.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, redwall.  It is a pleasure to get a peek into their lives as a living, breathing great-grandma and great-grandchildren.   Queen Elizabeth had so much that was "basic" about her, and I think the world responded to that.  King Charles, I fear, has a bit of petulance and remoteness about him.  He is who he is as we all are who we are.

I feel uneasy for his reign.

Honored Contributor

Horseshoes are meant to be worn with the opening up, as Charlotte is wearing hers, to bring  luck.

Thank you @Oznell 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - thank you for posting these pictures.  I love how the horseshoe brooch looks on Princess Charlotte.  You said it was given to the Duchess of York by Queen Mary, but I wonder how far back it goes.  I like the tiara worn flapper style, with that dress.

The Cartier bracelets are beautiful!  I'm curious who has them now. All of their jewelry has such a history behind them and I find it so interesting.

Respected Contributor

Princess Charlotte will be one to reckon with when she gets older.  During the Queen's funeral, she was instructing Prince George, the future King, on how to behave.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, passing phase. Prince George is 2nd in line now and his kids will outrank Charlotte.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hopefully, passing phase. Prince George is 2nd in line now and his kids will outrank Charlotte.

@SharkE 

What if he doesn't have any kids?

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

What if he doesn't have any kids?

@Nonametoday Then Charlotte retains her place in the line of succession after George's death as Queen.

Respected Contributor

I think I have this memory straight---

On the show "Leave It to Beaver," there was a horseshoe hanging on a bedroom wall. After many episodes, the boys realized it had been hanging upside-down. So they flipped it the other way.

And so I learned something.