Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRINCE CHARLES TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID (AGAIN)

unlike most of us commoners, if they develop symptoms am sure they will have access to the limited supply of antviral medication or monoclonal antibiodies . For the rest of us , well  that's why people are still dying

Trusted Contributor

What this shows me is that there is NO way to 100% avoid COVID.  You can do your best but its going no where so we need to learn to live with it.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My brother and SIL tested positive again; just had the virus in August.   They have been vaccinated and wear their masks in public.     

We have had it twice also. We got Covid in September 2020, fully vaccinated in March and April 2021 and got Covid again December 25, 2021.

And believe me I can not tell you how many boxes of masks we have gone through. And I wash my hands after I go outside and before I touch any food item. Doesn't matter if I am just bringing in from grocery or preparing or going to eat. Plus we have numerous bottles of hand sanitizers and wipes, all over the house and car.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

My brother and SIL tested positive again; just had the virus in August.   They have been vaccinated and wear their masks in public.     

We have had it twice also. We got Covid in September 2020, fully vaccinated in March and April 2021 and got Covid again December 25, 2021.

And believe me I can not tell you how many boxes of masks we have gone through. And I wash my hands after I go outside and before I touch any food item. Doesn't matter if I am just bringing in from grocery or preparing or going to eat. Plus we have numerous bottles of hand sanitizers and wipes, all over the house and car.

@drizzellla  Sorry to read that.  I am getting to believe some people are just more susceptible to it than others.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

@drizzellla  Sorry to read that.  I am getting to believe some people are just more susceptible to it than others.

@Pearlee  I think you are right. I don't do any of the constantly washing hands, never use sanitizer or wipes. I don't leave the house very often though, but do go to restaurants and have been on a few vacations. Husband is out and about every day and goes to his clubs a few times a week although he uses sanitizers. Yes, some are more susceptible than others.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  you are correct.  This comes down to your individual immune system.   My husband had it for about two weeks.  Lost taste and smell I did nothing in terms of precautions since our house is so small and I didn't get so much as a sniffle and tested negative.  My husband has been shot, boosted, masked, you name it (he has to go in gov buildings everyday) I had two shots 6 months apart.  I have not worn a mask for well over a year and half and I have not so much as had a sniffle or a cough.  They have said at some point everyone will get it.  I am not worried.  I had way too much of a reaction to both shots to worry about this.  I think judging by the number of people who have had it 2-3 times and I know one guy on his 4th round of it with just a runny nose we can safely say this not a certain death for everyone.  And it doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, 3 ,4 shots, be masked, etc...it boils down to your individual immune system.   Any virus is going to pose more problems to those whose immune systems are lowered than regular healthy people. 

Given the unknown amount of actual cases, the asymptomatic and untested cases are likely a very high number and obviously are not included in any reporting. 

Ask yourself, before covid has anyone ever heard of a disease without any symptoms at all that you had to have 4-5 shots for, wear a mask and stay in your house?  

If you only look at the numbers below the age of 70 the mortality rate is .3% overall and .07% (almost half of the flu) currently.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4  I did have the vaccines as did my family members that we went on vacation with and my husband. I'm not sure why I never (so far) got covid except maybe I don't get sick. Had the normal childhood diseases but as far as colds, the flu, headaches etc, just don't get them. I'm 74.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I think it's our individual immune systems.  Some people are really effected by this virus and a vast amount of people are mild to nothing.  I didn't get a flu shot this year (I had the flu once over 10 years ago) my daughter and her family all got it.  I took care of them fully figuring I'd get it.  Nope...again nothing.  Sometimes I think over protecting your immune system works against it.  But that's just me.  I'm not bragging just what I have found in these 2 1/2 years journey. 

I mean think about it.  So many have come into this country with no vaccinations for anything.  Technically according to what was reported all these people should be in ICUs on vents or dead.  Yet...not so much.  This virus should have burned through the homeless encampments due to lack of precautions, and yet...not so much.  Just observations.  

Honored Contributor

The vaccine isn't preventing Covid, it's preventing severe illness.  For many, probably most, Omicron is nothing more than a cold of varying degrees.  

My best friend's son has had Covid 3 times.  He got the OG version before vaccines were available, he got Delta after he was double vaccinated and he got Omicron right after Christmas and at that point was boosted.

I had Covid last week and I'm double vaccinated.  I know more people now who have had Covid after being vaccinated than I knew who had it prior.  It's just more transmissable. 

At this point, the CDC guidelines don't even stipulate you need to quarantine if you are vaccinated or had Covid within the last 90 days, and come in contact with someone who had Covid.   

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  you are correct.  This comes down to your individual immune system.   My husband had it for about two weeks.  Lost taste and smell I did nothing in terms of precautions since our house is so small and I didn't get so much as a sniffle and tested negative.  My husband has been shot, boosted, masked, you name it (he has to go in gov buildings everyday) I had two shots 6 months apart.  I have not worn a mask for well over a year and half and I have not so much as had a sniffle or a cough.  They have said at some point everyone will get it.  I am not worried.  I had way too much of a reaction to both shots to worry about this.  I think judging by the number of people who have had it 2-3 times and I know one guy on his 4th round of it with just a runny nose we can safely say this not a certain death for everyone.  And it doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, 3 ,4 shots, be masked, etc...it boils down to your individual immune system.   Any virus is going to pose more problems to those whose immune systems are lowered than regular healthy people. 

Given the unknown amount of actual cases, the asymptomatic and untested cases are likely a very high number and obviously are not included in any reporting. 

Ask yourself, before covid has anyone ever heard of a disease without any symptoms at all that you had to have 4-5 shots for, wear a mask and stay in your house?  

If you only look at the numbers below the age of 70 the mortality rate is .3% overall and .07% (almost half of the flu) currently.

"this is not a certain death for everyone..."

No, but do you want to take that risk?  I used to be one who would not get vaxxed but am now after seeing too many people I know in my small town die of Covid because they refused to get vaccinated.  I too have seen fully vaxxed friends get it even more than once but with much milder symptoms.