Honored Contributor

Re: PRINCE AND PRINCESS OF WALES LOOKING GOOD AT GARDEN PARTY

The garden party looks like a fun and elegant day. Love seeing them all dressed up.

Esteemed Contributor

The key here is the Garden Party. The English do it so well, and the Americans don’t understand it.  The way Kate dresses is true to the culture. We don’t understand that in this country. Fashion is different among cultures.

Respected Contributor

Meanwhile, Sophie's dress looked like it was straight out of Little House on the Prairie's wardrobe closet.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

According to US weekly Kate had previously worn this outfit to Royal Ascot in 2019. It appears to be the same hat and. shoes. Good for her not having to have a new frock for every single event.

@50Mickey 

You bring up an interesting point I've wondered about. 

Do Kate (and other royals) ever wear clothing they have "borrowed" from a friendly designer?  Or do they only wear clothing that they have purchased?  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

According to US weekly Kate had previously worn this outfit to Royal Ascot in 2019. It appears to be the same hat and. shoes. Good for her not having to have a new frock for every single event.

@50Mickey 

You bring up an interesting point I've wondered about. 

Do Kate (and other royals) ever wear clothing they have "borrowed" from a friendly designer?  Or do they only wear clothing that they have purchased?  

Kate wore this rented dress for Earthshot prize. There may be others or borrowed from a designer but this is a rented dress  I recall. I think renting is a great idea for someone who make lots of  public appearances.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey ,  right you are.   I was surprised at Sophie's dress for the garden party--  unlike Kate's, it struck me as dowdy.  She's usually much more on her game, fashion-wise.

@manny2 ,   good points, you are absolutly bang-on in your analysis of the interesting differences in English, vs. other countries' fashion traditions.   And especially for garden parties of this type, the English have a long-held tradition of romanticism.  Kind of ethereal and 'Alice in Wonderland'. 

It's like their partiality for kooky, whimsical hats or 'fascinators' on formal occasions.  There's still quite a strong "hat culture" there.       

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Princess Kate opening Liverpool's Eurovision final - playing piano at Windsor Castle as part of star-studded rendition of last year's winning song in emotional tribute to Ukrain

IMG_0208.jpeg 

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you think that Prince William and Princess Kate ever have a day where they are just hanging around in their lounging clothes or jammies and watching a movie?...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Princess of Wales is lovely in whatever she does!  The photos of her at the piano are absolutely beautiful.  She, always, looks at ease which I am sure is not always the case.  She has a very natural ease and poise and she, always, shines!  She will be a spectacular Queen, one day.

Honored Contributor

Spectacular photos of that little concert, @FLGators --  thanks for posting!