Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRICING ON FASHIONS AND SHOES LATELY...

@chessylady wrote:

The markups are because you are getting "QVC's exclusive designer who goes to London and Paris to bring back the latest styles." I don't wear polyester clothing even when it's called microfiber.

To me real designers are the haute coutour designers that design for the dignitaries, royalty, and the wealthy.  Not the Q so called clothes makers.  That is why I don't understand the high prices -  and one or two other things as well. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I've scored some cute clothes and a couple pair of suede boots...........elsewhere lol.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Have you recently picked up on the increase in prices on fashion and shoes of late?  It seems like now that we are half way through August and facing fall, everything has suddently increased a great deal in the past few weeks.

I'm seeing the same typical shoes but now they are between $ $ 110.00-$150.00 per pair. Not boots, just shoes.

Sweaters and blouses now are going over $ 75.00-$120.00 or more each and so forth. 

Isaac M. and Lori G. are really increasing prices for fall, and Susan Graver is beginning to do it.

Let's not even discuss handbags !

Where will it end? If we are willing to buy them, they will increase pricing.

We need to do something to stop it. A casual top and bottom is over $ 100.00-$140.00, not counting shoes, bag, and accessories.

I simple can't and/or won't buy these items. It's just too much money.

Seems like every company is trying to outdo the other.

Enough is enough!

Not for everyone.

And never for me, LOL. 

It pays to always do your research (I can't afford not to!) for the lowest prices and best vendors to buy from, including online.

Comparison-shop the heck out of everything!  8)

Where I live clothes in a B&M store are no where near as pricey as you state here, unless you go into boutiques.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Where I live clothes in a B&M store are no where near as pricey as you state here, unless you go into boutiques.

Do you shop at Nordstrom?  It is pretty much everywhere and their retail prices are higher than QVC.  The difference is they have sales and clear out merchandise every year. Their quality is far superior.  QVC clothing is comparable to JCP for Kohl's.  Again both those B&M stores are always having sales.

Honored Contributor

It is quite possible to buy perfectly acceptable clothing shopping at stores like Kohls, macys, JC Penney, Bealls etc. I do not have a Nordstroms anywhere near me and I also do not have a high end department store budget. I actually buy most of my clothes at lane Bryant or Woman within catalog or Blair. I find those to be comfortable for my budget, acceptable quality and fit. 

Esteemed Contributor

Over pricing for inconsistent sizing isn't right.  Get a handle on the suppliers,respect your customers.  It's probably all made by the same Chinese factories supplying Walmart. If the $40-50 teeshirts were made here I might consider purchasing.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately inconsistent sizing happens at various pricepoints.  I remember watching a segment, maybe 20/20.  In factories different machine operators sew different size garments.  They are given a pile of size tags.  If they run out of the proper size tag, they simply take some from another pile.

Quality control checks a few samples.

Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Unfortunately inconsistent sizing happens at various pricepoints.  I remember watching a segment, maybe 20/20.  In factories different machine operators sew different size garments.  They are given a pile of size tags.  If they run out of the proper size tag, they simply take some from another pile.

Quality control checks a few samples.

QVC isn't the only retailer to have inconsistent sizing, and this would do much to explain it. I would add that if I was paid pennies to work under the inhumane conditions and production pressures some of these workers endure I wouldn't stress over putting in the proper tag either.