Respected Contributor

Re: NEED PRAYER FOR DDIL**UPDATE

Also, lots of prayers, positive thoughts, and good wishes going out for all of the current cancer and survivors of other illnesses, as well as those going through treatments right now..all of those we know, as well as those we don't know.

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Regular Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I am asking for prayer as my daughter in law is being prepped for emergency surgery.  She went in for her second round of chemotherapy for aggressive breast cancer.  The nurse noticed that at the site of her chest port, it was swollen.  They performed an MRI and it seems that the port has broken off in her chest near her heart.  I am asking for prayer for a good outcome and wisdom and guidance for the doctors that are performing this procedure.  Also asking for prayer for her husband as he is out of state on business.  She has her mother and sister with her.  I will let you know the outcome as I hear news.

Thank you so much forum friends!

*****UPDATE*****

We just received word that our DDIL's procedure was a success and she is on her way home!  She wasn't put under for the procedure, but the repair has been made.  I don't have a lot of details, but we know the Lord's hand was in this and we are so thankful.  Also, please remember her in prayer if you are so inclined.  She has to return to the hospital tomorrow for the scheduled chemo.  She was told that if she wanted to decline it, she would have to begin the cycle all over.  She said "NO WAY!"  She has close to 4 months of this protocol ahead of her and has been told it is going to be rough.  But, Praise God, she has a good prognosis.  She cut her hair off last week.  She is a busy mom, 1st grade teacher (presently on leave), and she always has a smile on her face. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  This is the good part of the forum.   Knowing that people we will never meet, are there for us. 

I feel blessed.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sending my thoughts and prayers for ur daughter-in-law. I had stage 3 ovarian cancer 10 yrs ago - with 6 rounds of chemo. Today, I am cancer free!!!! G-d will take care of her!!!!

Valued Contributor

Continuing to pray for  your ((((DDIL)))).   I hope chemo isn't too disruptive.   G-d Bless you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

I just had to respond to all of you who took the time to reach out to me and my family, especially our DDIL with prayers and personal stories of hope and success.  It warms my heart to know that many are keeping her in your prayers still.  Our family, and as many of you have said, believe strongly in the power of prayer.  We know that He has everything in His control and the peace that brings is beyond words.  You will never know how your posts warmed my heart and brought comfort during a stressful day.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs, thanks for sharing your latest update. I am sending positive thoughts to your DDIL, for you and your family for this weekend. -- bebe Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Had to share:  Saturday DH spoke with DS, DDIL, and GS while they were riding in the car on their way to a hockey game, 5 hours away.  It was a 3 day event that our 9 year old GS was playing in.  They were on speaker phone and all sounded so happy.  She is feeling good, just in time to do her next cycle of chemo today.  By the weekend, she will be sicker than sick.  We pray that this all comes to a good outcome.

Thanks forum friends!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I am also sending positive wishes and prayers for your DIL....There is so much hope these days and while the treatments are rough the outcomes have been so much improved.

Honored Contributor

I am praying that this will come to a good outcome right along with you.  God knows what she has need of.  She and all the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Valued Contributor

All the best to your DDIL.  Sending prayers and positive thoughts!