Respected Contributor

Re: ***POSSIBLE*** Coronavirus Breakthrough

@haddon9 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL?!!!  It would be beyond amazing to have this nightmare end!

@haddon9 , I think you’ve stated that one thing we can perhaps ALL agree on!  It would be truly wonderful to finally put this nightmare behind us! 😊

Valued Contributor

So many possible breakthroughs.  And it is possible that different meds work at different stages in the corona virus....am so tired of people debunking earlier reports of some meds that were suggested because they weren't a vaccine or cure.  No.  Some meds stop it so it doesn't progress and so you can go home.  But apparently, that is not good enough for those who want to constantly point fingers and dictate to the rest of us who was right and who was wrong.  Sick of all this stuff from so many "experts."  Wait, I have a spouse who is a............fill in the blank.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

So many possible breakthroughs.  And it is possible that different meds work at different stages in the corona virus....am so tired of people debunking earlier reports of some meds that were suggested because they weren't a vaccine or cure.  No.  Some meds stop it so it doesn't progress and so you can go home.  But apparently, that is not good enough for those who want to constantly point fingers and dictate to the rest of us who was right and who was wrong.  Sick of all this stuff from so many "experts."  Wait, I have a spouse who is a............fill in the blank.  

@germanshepherdlove 

Am so tired of people denying what has happened to / in this country and it’s people, the price this country paid and will continue to pay.  I am tired of promises broken.  I’m tired of those who think they can CLAP and NOT hear a CLAP BACK.

Tired of hearing what could, would, should have been done in / by other countries.  Want to STOP looking / pointing BACK, and want to know See a unified HOW we can start to prepare going forward Here.  WHAT are we / have we doing to prepare for the second wave, Stock masks, hand sanitizer, PPE, respirators, strengthen our supply lines?  What are we Doing to keep this from happening again?  

How will America regain it’s greatness, what have WE done to make the World better, Safer?

How did we become a people who are not in willing to wear a  mask and distance in an effort,  (however high, or low the percentage) a tiny effort to keep our fellow human beings a bit safer?

I am sick of those who are Sure they have the Absolute Right to say how THEY feel, but Believe anyone who feels differently should Be Quiet.

Why have we not learned - this?

Those who do not Learn from History are doomed to repeat it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

Been reading this forum for a long time but never chimed in.....I feel the need to chime in on this subject and agree totally with "Drythe".......  I never thought in this country we would be so uncareing of the next person.....t myself will not go out without a mask and feel it is a small thing to do ........it seems that our country seems to have lost it way......all these lives lost , more dying every day and people are annoyed if they are asked to do something to help  (like wear a mask)....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Bhvbum   No one implied it was a miracle cure...just interesting reading about a possible breakthru.

I read the original article this morning at theblaze dot com

The words in my response were directly from the article, they were not mine that's why they were in quotes.

Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

We already have HCQ, and it was a game changer.  

HCQ = Hydroxychloroquine.  

Looks like it's not ruled out. There is ongoing testing. 

May 14, 2020

National Institute of Health
Report: NIH begins clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to treat COVID-19

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I can't stress that word enough "possible "  breakthrough concerning the virus.

I saw this on my Facebook page, with the headline "California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough" .

Naturally, I can't post the story here, because of sidebars and whatnot, but if you Google that headline, you should be able to find the story.

In the first paragraph, they say that they have discovered an antibody that could shield the human body from the virus, and flush it out of the system within four days.

I am cautiously optimistic that this will work out.

FROM THE ARTICLE:  However, this is a significant 'if.' Promising though its effects on the virus were in lab tests on human cells, the company can't rightfully say that it has blocked the infection in the human body. 

O

The antibody has not yet been tested in people, so how it might behave inside the body and its potential side effects are totally unknown.  

Maybe this is the reason no one else is carrying this as news yet.

Cleveland Clinic is doing work with antibody plasma on those with the virus.  So far have had promising results.  Are asking for those who have had the virus to donate so they can expand the the program.  So yes there are tests being done in people.

Those weren't my words, everything in my post but the last sentence was taken directly from the original article.  They said it had not been tested yet on humans.  I also don't think this is antibody plasma whice is being tried out everywhere.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I can't stress that word enough "possible "  breakthrough concerning the virus.

I saw this on my Facebook page, with the headline "California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough" .

Naturally, I can't post the story here, because of sidebars and whatnot, but if you Google that headline, you should be able to find the story.

In the first paragraph, they say that they have discovered an antibody that could shield the human body from the virus, and flush it out of the system within four days.

I am cautiously optimistic that this will work out.

FROM THE ARTICLE:  However, this is a significant 'if.' Promising though its effects on the virus were in lab tests on human cells, the company can't rightfully say that it has blocked the infection in the human body. 

O

The antibody has not yet been tested in people, so how it might behave inside the body and its potential side effects are totally unknown.  

Maybe this is the reason no one else is carrying this as news yet.

Cleveland Clinic is doing work with antibody plasma on those with the virus.  So far have had promising results.  Are asking for those who have had the virus to donate so they can expand the the program.  So yes there are tests being done in people.

Those weren't my words, everything in my post but the last sentence was taken directly from the original article.  They said it had not been tested yet on humans.  I also don't think this is antibody plasma whice is being tried out everywhere.

Sorrento hasn't done any testing of STI-1499 in human beings yet, but I read yesterday, "'As soon as it is infused, that patient is now immune to the disease,'  Dr. Brunswick said to Fox News." Dr. Brunswick is a senior VP at  Sorrento.

He can't make that statement. When Ji, the CEO, said, "This puts its arms around the virus. It wraps around the virus and moves them out of the body," that also was stating something for which he has no proof yet. I also found it strange that a man of science would characterize the mode of action as "puts its arms around the virus."

I am seldom on the Fox website so I don't know whether they play fast and loose with quotes, but if these are accurate, I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Sorrento that's not extensively vetted by third parties.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote: I am seldom on the Fox website so I don't know whether they play fast and loose with quotes, but if these are accurate....

I'm wondering..Do you question other sites too, or just Fox.

There are several other sites reporting on this topic. 

I always like to research multiple sources to figure out the facts. Never one to be spoon fed info. by mainstream media.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The press release from this company reminds me of Elizabeth Holmes and THERANOS. 

yes exactly