Respected Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

I don't care for Starbucks, but I saw someone here raving about their pumpkin spice k-cups.  I purchased a few days ago.  Absolutely, DO NOT like.  No flavor and bland.  I was so surprised.  What a pricey mistake!  I have shared it with 5 other people, who also didn't care for it.  Dunkin is pretty good. 

Respected Contributor

@MomCat 

Interesting you had same reaction to pumpkin Starbucks as I did. I hadn't found Duncan's for couple of years so I tried.  It was ok but not the flavorful  one I had anticipated.  That reaction just supported my prior opinion of Starbucks.  I even tried adding pumpkin spice to it!

Respected Contributor

I fell into the hype and purchased Starbucks Holiday Blend.  What a disappointment!  Way too strong for my  mild palate.   My mistake. I should stick to Duncan.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

No coffee here.For donuts ..Krispy Creme all the way.

Our Dunkin here never has anything that " came in off truck today" when you ask for it.

We have a great local bakery with all fresh homemade items.Don't have to wait on truck.

Respected Contributor

Re: ETRe: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

@noodleann wrote:

Starbucks. It's really about personal preference. I like darker roasts and more bitter coffee. I'll drink normal medium roasts when at a restaurant (or did), but they aren't "real" coffee to me. I have relatives who like blonder roasts, and others who are like me, all about the dark side.

ETA: Never sweeten my coffee, and gave up milk/cream years ago. So fill mine to the brim, barista!

Starbucks French Roast no milk/cream or sweetner in mine & I like darker roasts and "bitter" coffee.

Honored Contributor

Re: ETRe: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

I don't like coffee and never have.  However I tried an espresso when Starbucks first appeared I loved that!  To me any coffee is too watery and there's too much of it.

So my choice is Nespresso--for espresso of my choice, and for iced latte's and cappuccino's.  And it's FAR fewer calories than most commercial drinks and cheaper.   And the cappuccinos are some reasonable size and they don't try to put whipped cream and syrup and stuff on it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a coffee drinker and many of my friends are as well. When Starbucks came to our area we wanted to what all the hoopla was about. I found their coffee to have a burned taste and so very strong to point it made me nauseous. My friends said the same thing.

Through the years and hearing some of the orders, it seems to me people don't just order a cup of coffee. They seem to order something that has either a lot of cream/milk/froth and flavors. So, they aren't getting the cup of coffee they are getting 1/2 cup with everything else, lol.

Btw, if I'm out and about, I will get Dunkin. My favorites when I go to NJ are WaWa and 7-Eleven coffee. Unfortunately, we don't have them in my area.

Honored Contributor

Dunkin...Starbucks is entirely to strong and expensive!

Valued Contributor

Dunkin for sure.  Starbucks is too strong, I don't care for the taste, and is way too expensive for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Starbucks all the way. Dunkin too weak and the donuts give me agita.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown